+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Your point is correct. I believe they are preparing to remove 18th March rule.

I don't see how travel restrictions will be altogether removed in October or even November seeing how second wave just started.
I am now trying to find that March 18 rule information on canada.ca and can't seem to find it. All I see is this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt

Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
Wonder what they mean by "some people"
That info about March 18 used to be here and it is now gone. They have probably changed it already.
I'm writing/calling IRCC to tell them I'm ready to go. Will see what they say. According to GCMS notes everything was passed in April 2020. I'm from the visa-exempt country so I don't need VAC.

Oct 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-09-2019
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
I am now trying to find that March 18 rule information on canada.ca and can't seem to find it. All I see is this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt

Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
Wonder what they mean by "some people"
That info about March 18 used to be here and it is now gone. They have probably changed it already.
I'm writing/calling IRCC to tell them I'm ready to go. Will see what they say. According to GCMS notes everything was passed in April 2020. I'm from the visa-exempt country so I don't need VAC.
It's here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello,

My AOR is 3rd October 2019. Had applied for GCMS notes and received today as described below:

Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Hirv:
Criminality: Passed
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misinterpretation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other req:
Final:

There is one note is stating that, Email to be sent to RMO for medical reassessment request-Covid 19.

Another note is like, Email sent to CIO- Sydney-Medical to have meds reassessed.

Could anyone shade some light on this like on what time I may get the PPR?

Any guesses...!!
I'm AOR September 23rd and this is from notes I received 45 days ago:

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

Still no news. I think you should wait. However, it seems that IRCC is giving priority to AORs after September 2019 whose medicals are mostly expired by now.

pratikz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
I'm AOR September 23rd and this is from notes I received 45 days ago:

ASSESSMENTS
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved

Still no news. I think you should wait. However, it seems that IRCC is giving priority to AORs after September 2019 whose medicals are mostly expired by now.
Yes @Moslaris , my meds were expired and got extended on 14th September aswell. Let's see what comes next and in what time.
Finger crossed!
Cheers.

Reactions: c5_sa

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
So it seems IRCC is slowly reuming issuing PPRS. For the past couple of days I've heard about people from my country receiving PPRs although it seems to be only a few cases per day.
yes.. myimmi tracker has new ppr updates from nigeria, Iran, aus and Singapore.. which country are you from? is the VAC open there?

Jaradattw

Sep 11, 2020
I’m sharing my timeline

OUTLAND

AOR: 13-Mar-2020
Biometric: Done
1st Medical: Passed on Aug, 2020
2nd Medical: Passed on September 9th 2020

What is next step guys.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
yes.. myimmi tracker has new ppr updates from nigeria, Iran, aus and Singapore.. which country are you from? is the VAC open there?
Iran. We dun have a VAC here we often go to turkey for that. But people who have received ppr are submitting their passports so no problem for that. The funniest thing about these pprs issuing right now is that it seems people who have submitted their applications Later Are being priotrized!! It makes sense in no ways.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
May I know the date of your last medical assessment?(Not the date you passed the medical examination)
I only had one medical assessment and it was completed (by that I mean the examination report was produced) on Septermber 1, 2019.

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Since anyone who received their PPR after March 18 is not exempt from the travel ban and they cannot travel to Canada now what is the point of issuing PPRs recently? The conclusion is that they should exempt current copr holders from travel restrictions soon as it is unlikely the travel ban will be gone anytime soon this year. Can you travel to Canada if your copr was issued after March 18 or not? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Can't be sure about that speculation as canada extended the US CANADA border closure till 21 October. But still I hope ircc will open vfs and process the pending files

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Can't be sure about that speculation as canada extended the US CANADA border closure till 21 October. But still I hope ircc will open vfs and process the pending files
Closing US/Canada doesn't have much to do with that. On top of that copr holders currently residing in the US are allowed to land in Canada.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal