+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

pratikz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hello,

My AOR is 3rd October 2019. Had applied for GCMS notes and received today as described below:

Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
Hirv:
Criminality: Passed
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misinterpretation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other req:
Final:

There is one note is stating that, Email to be sent to RMO for medical reassessment request-Covid 19.

Another note is like, Email sent to CIO- Sydney-Medical to have meds reassessed.

Could anyone shade some light on this like on what time I may get the PPR?

Any guesses...!!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello,

My AOR is 3rd October 2019. Had applied for GCMS notes and received today as described below:

Assessments
Security:
Hirv:
Org crime:
Misinterpretation:
Other req:
Final:

There is one note is stating that, Email to be sent to RMO for medical reassessment request-Covid 19.

Another note is like, Email sent to CIO- Sydney-Medical to have meds reassessed.

Any guesses...!!
Based on the notes, you are at the last stage now. there can either extend your meds or ask for a re-med. Expect delays because of COVID though.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
I haven't really been following updates on this forum for a while but I just checked the immitracker and see a few outland applicants have received PPR recently. Have Canada changed their rules to allow PPR holders to travel to Canada now if they were approved after March? Or do PPR holders still have to wait for borders to open?

pratikz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hello,

Assessments
Security:
Hirv:
Org crime:
Misinterpretation:
Other req:
Final:

Any guesses...!!
There has been an update on my profile they've been extended my meds on 14th September.

uche13

Feb 17, 2020
Yes, they were all in Nigeria. Today they are proceeding to submitting their passports
Good day Sir,

Please do you know how they are submitting?

I was informed by the VAC office in Lagos, that they have not resumed collection of passports.

Kindly respond.

Thank you

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I haven't really been following updates on this forum for a while but I just checked the immitracker and see a few outland applicants have received PPR recently. Have Canada changed their rules to allow PPR holders to travel to Canada now if they were approved after March? Or do PPR holders still have to wait for borders to open?
From the updates till date, you still need to wait as borders are not opened up for everyone. Although they have started issuing PPRs, most VACs are still closed and not accepting passports so the wait continues.

Reactions: KDM13

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Dears,

I asked IRCC about how long the medicals extension is, and they told me 6 months (March 2021).

Best regards.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
So it seems IRCC is slowly reuming issuing PPRS. For the past couple of days I've heard about people from my country receiving PPRs although it seems to be only a few cases per day.

Reactions: Mahmoud.laajimi

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hello. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you think about my application and what I should do.
My application AOR is April 2019. As per my GCMS note everything passed (even security). Done a remedical in Feb 2020. And everytime I contact my VO or IRCC agents, they tell me my application is in queue for final officer review (for the past 5 months!!) So what should I do really? Ieverything is passed and just waiting for review? Is there anything beside contacting them that I could do to ask them to at least take a look at my file? Because it has been 17 months since I lodged my application and for the past 6 months nothing has been done on it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you think about my application and what I should do.
My application AOR is April 2019. As per my GCMS note everything passed (even security). Done a remedical in Feb 2020. And everytime I contact my VO or IRCC agents, they tell me my application is in queue for final officer review (for the past 5 months!!) So what should I do really? Ieverything is passed and just waiting for review? Is there anything beside contacting them that I could do to ask them to at least take a look at my file? Because it has been 17 months since I lodged my application and for the past 6 months nothing has been done on it.
There is nothing to look in your file if your all stages of your file have been approved. The final review is usually done right before the PPR is sent to ensure that your medicals, passport and other documents are valid and have not expired. Based on the validity of these documents the COPR and PRV is generated.

You will have to wait until IRCC starts issuing PPR to applicants from your country. Also, keep sending webforms every month to follow up.

Reactions: baarsaam

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
There is nothing to look in your file if your all stages of your file have been approved. The final review is usually done right before the PPR is sent to ensure that your medicals, passport and other documents are valid and have not expired. Based on the validity of these documents the COPR and PRV is generated.

You will have to wait until IRCC starts issuing PPR to applicants from your country. Also, keep sending webforms every month to follow up.
Thanks alot for your answer. Alot of people from my country have received pprs in the past few days and they had all submitted their applications in March 2020 (nearly a year after I did!) So that's why I'm wondering why ottawa office is not looking into my file. People applied 1 year after me and received PPR and here I am with everything done and still waiting.
But thanks again for your prompt reply. I guess Ottawa is not working on a first in first served basis.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks alot for your answer. Alot of people from my country have received pprs in the past few days and they had all submitted their applications in March 2020 (nearly a year after I did!) So that's why I'm wondering why ottawa office is not looking into my file. People applied 1 year after me and received PPR and here I am with everything done and still waiting.
But thanks again for your prompt reply. I guess Ottawa is not working on a first in first served basis.
Most likely your application may have taken longer due to security. If applicant's from your country of residence have started receiving PPRs, that is a good sign and it is just a matter of time before your to receive your PPR. Just wait for it. In the meanwhile, keep following up.

Reactions: c5_sa and baarsaam

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Since anyone who received their PPR after March 18 is not exempt from the travel ban and they cannot travel to Canada now what is the point of issuing PPRs recently? The conclusion is that they should exempt current copr holders from travel restrictions soon as it is unlikely the travel ban will be gone anytime soon this year. Can you travel to Canada if your copr was issued after March 18 or not? Please correct me if I am wrong.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Since anyone who received their PPR after March 18 is not exempt from the travel ban and they cannot travel to Canada now what is the point of issuing PPRs recently? The conclusion is that they should exempt current copr holders from travel restrictions soon as it is unlikely the travel ban will be gone anytime soon this year. Can you travel to Canada if your copr was issued after March 18 or not? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Your point is correct. I believe they are preparing to remove 18th March rule.

I don't see how travel restrictions will be altogether removed in October or even November seeing how second wave just started.

Reactions: UniSaverH