+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi all,

Just an update to my application. I just received a message asking me to re-take the medical exam. I’ve also read in other threads that there’re people being asked to so. I guess that’s probably required for us long AOR (May 2019, EE Outland) but no PPR applicants. To be positive, does that mean they’ve restarted to process or applications??

Previous webform suggested:
-eligibility passed
-security valid
-criminality valid

Yours,
Rob

Reactions: Tahhi

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi all,

Just an update to my application. I just received a message asking me to re-take the medical exam. I’ve also read in other threads that there’re people being asked to so. I guess that’s probably required for us long AOR (May 2019, EE Outland) but no PPR applicants. To be positive, does that mean they’ve restarted to process or applications??

-eligibility passed
-security valid
-criminality valid

Yours,
Rob
It's movement, Rob. Yes, they have started to process but not sure when PPR will be sent.

Reactions: robasket3535

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hi all,

-eligibility passed
-security valid
-criminality valid

Yours,
Rob
Hello Rob,

I was also asked to re-do medicals a week ago. No PPR yet though. I believe they are doing it to move files forward as much as possible. Once they allow people in they will start sending PPR.
VO Mexico.

Reactions: robasket3535

c5_sa

Sep 12, 2020
Hello Rob,

I was also asked to re-do medicals a week ago. No PPR yet though. I believe they are doing it to move files forward as much as possible. Once they allow people in they will start sending PPR.
VO Mexico.
When did you take the medical first time?
I applied Feb 20th my med expires October

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
First medical June 2019 - AOR May 2019

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
How do you know when a med expires? Is it a year from the date you went to the doctor and received a signed diagnosis report or a year after the IRCC approved your medical?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
How do you know when a med expires? Is it a year from the date you went to the doctor and received a signed diagnosis report or a year after the IRCC approved your medical?
A year after the day you did the medical. The appointment date on your eMedical form. :)

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
A year after the day you did the medical. The appointment date on your eMedical form. :)
Nope.
Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Hi,
Aor 5 oct ,2019
Today I got update in myCIC account in which medical status changed from "medical passed on 17 October" to "you do not need a medical exam.We will send you message if this changes."
Has anyone else got such an update? And please share any idea or opinion about it .

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nope.
Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html
The way I interpret that, it's just telling IRCC people to use the most recent medical certificate for validity checks.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Nope.
In same page it says:
"Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff. "
I'm confused. Which one is correct?

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
Aor 5 oct ,2019
Today I got update in myCIC account in which medical status changed from "medical passed on 17 October" to "you do not need a medical exam.We will send you message if this changes."
Has anyone else got such an update? And please share any idea or opinion about it .
When did you actually complete your medical? I mean when your e-medical form was issued?