+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Right!
I think it is all connected to border restrictions. Canadian govt is not sure when to drop border restriction for non-essential travels. For all countries they have extended restriction till 30th sept. and for USA 21st sept. I think they will first open borders for US pals and they for every other country.
I don't think all approved applicants will get into Canada in 2020 , expecting not before January - March 2021 now , personally I already started other immigration process with other countries as I have to move on with my life and I don't have time to waste, thats how upset I am with the way they are handling the situation , we don't deserve this as we spent many years preparing for this.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
I personally believe that PPRs will be released in 2021, no hope for 2020, they will extend restrictions over and over again.
"Until further notice" = when USA will flatten the curve.

I wish I am wrong.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Could be.... But I still have some hope they will add immigrants to the exempt on travel restrictions. Then they can issue ppr's and visa's again so we can travel before all restrictions are gone.
If not, they will have to welcome all immigrants (including backlog) and at the same time the tourists which will be too many people at one time

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I personally believe that PPRs will be released in 2021, no hope for 2020, they will extend restrictions over and over again.
"Until further notice" = when USA will flatten the curve.

I wish I am wrong.
Think you are right , we are heading to 2021 like this , and this is a very bad handling of the situation in my opinion , when they will open in 2021 there would be 20 or 30 thousands new PR all heading to either Toronto or Vancouver for most of them practically in the same period of time , this will create stress on the real estate housing and job market , it will create a price inflation on housing and it will be harder than ever to find a job as all new applicants will be competing among each others for same jobs ( as most new PR are from the software industry) and same housing options, it s going to be very hard.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Could be.... But I still have some hope they will add immigrants to the exempt on travel restrictions. Then they can issue ppr's and visa's again so we can travel before all restrictions are gone.
If not, they will have to welcome all immigrants (including backlog) and at the same time the tourists which will be too many people at one time
Exactly my thoughts , if they don't exempt people so they can enter Canada gradually , it would be a nightmare to either find a house or job as all the new PRs either head to Toronto or Vancouver ( for most of them according to stats).

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Think you are right , we are heading to 2021 like this , and this is a very bad handling of the situation in my opinion , when they will open in 2021 there would be 20 or 30 thousands new PR all heading to either Toronto or Vancouver for most of them practically in the same period of time , this will create stress on the real estate housing and job market , it will create a price inflation on housing and it will be harder than ever to find a job as all new applicants will be competing among each others for same jobs ( as most new PR are from the software industry) and same housing options, it s going to be very hard.
On that point I hope that they will start welcoming new immigrants gradually not in a bulk because of aforementioned reasons.
+ I want to believe they will start clearing backlog first not vice versa.

Reactions: Namta1828

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
On that point I hope that they will start welcoming new immigrants gradually not in a bulk because of aforementioned reasons.
+ I want to believe they will start clearing backlog first not vice versa.
Hi there, I saw your comments on the other thread as well. I completely understand all this frustration as I myself am among thousands who are waiting to receive some kind of news from IRCC. All yhat I said on the other thread was some kind of offer to keep calm. I really do believe that this situation will sooner or later come to an end. But I also see the points you have mentioned about how we need to get on with our lives, valid. So, maybe we can simply make a very polite petition to IRCC and maybe even Mr. Trudeau and when many people sign it they may come to releaze how hard the situation is for immigrants.

Reactions: simnay2303

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi Guys!

I am from N.Delhi, India.
AOR-28th Feb 2020
Biometrics done - 16th March
Processing Time ending date: 28th Aug, 2020
I have not received PPR till now. I understand that vfs Delhi is reopening in Sep 2020 as mentioned on one of the previous pages.
Can anyone share the immitracker link where i can track PPR status.

Thank You!
Hi, we are all in the same boat as you are. I am also from India. Waiting for PPR. By the way, have you ever ordered GCMS notes? if yes, what is the status? The processing time ending date is a standard 6 months bar. DO NOT depend on that.

pratikz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hi Pratik!

Which stream did you apply in?
I applied for OINP (PNP-Outland)
From immitracker link, i can see that people who applied in CEC (Canadian Experience Class) have got PPR with AOR as 16th Feb 2020.
I think PNP applications are getting least priority right now.
Yes Anchit,

I'd applied for SINP express entry outland from India. And yes you are right I think our applications are at least priority I guess.

Finger crossed.

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
I don't think all approved applicants will get into Canada in 2020 , expecting not before January - March 2021 now , personally I already started other immigration process with other countries as I have to move on with my life and I don't have time to waste, thats how upset I am with the way they are handling the situation , we don't deserve this as we spent many years preparing for this.
Dude, I think you wobble quite a lot. In one of your posts on 1st august you mentioned your perspective about Canadian government which was reasonable at that time as per your thoughts, now you have different perspective. Important for all applicants is some form of progression in this situation. It is important to generate pressure on Canadian Government. People travel to Canada this year or not will be individual choice. Paramount thing is decisions on their applications. What I came to know from one of the Canadian Lawyer that Canada surely will start clearing application with change in COPR terms. let's see what is in kitty for us all. So don't loose faith. From my country we have formed groups on social media to continuously probe for a definite answer. I'm confident that something will fall in place by October end for many but not for all.
At the same time I can also tell you that for any ruling government pressure from opposition is the most terrible one. Only 5 months have passed but again I will reiterate that it is important to create pressure to show them our eagerness.

Reactions: PG12 and UniSaverH

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
As much as I'd love to believe in what @Hemilshah80 said, I think it's because of the medicals, the one year mark (August 2019) has passed and they have expired.
There are two possibilities. Either they'll ask you for Re-meds or simply extend the validity of your medicals. However the one thing you can be sure about is you'll surely get a PPR once the visa offices resume the services

Reactions: Namta1828 and Preux

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello guys, please is there anybody with January 2020 AOR whose eligibility is still met and security not started? I ordered GCMS notes and nothing significant. Just worried.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello guys, please is there anybody with January 2020 AOR whose eligibility is still met and security not started? I ordered GCMS notes and nothing significant. Just worried.
Don't Worry. There are many sailing in the same boat. It's the Pandemic causing the delay. Once the offices get back to routine , things will start working out.