caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Interesting thread. So mine is a strange one. AOR 18 August 2018 (that is not a typo).
I recently ordered GCMS (actually CBSA) notes. I had been in security screening since May 2019. The notes show that my application was approved at CIO Sydney on 01 October 2019. It gets even better as I can also see the visa number and authority document number for my COPR. I can, however, also see an expiry date which is 14 may 2020. Unfortunately, someone seems to have slept on it and I never received a mail.
I therefore contacted CIO Sydney through Webform after getting to know this and they responded. First response said that they had sent a "ready for Visa" mail on 02 October 2019, but that they would follow up with the officer. The second one said that they have initiated action at their end and that they invite me to contact them if I don't get a response by 25 July.
I am sharing this with you all since there seems to be some doubt in people's minds regarding GCMS notes. My advice; order them. Worth their weight in gold they are.
Secondly, it is a fruitless business hanging about. I was working through an agent and the only thing she said was "We need to wait". DON'T listen to them; they are not personally invested in your case and, in many cases do not even know about various things that can be done. Had I acted earlier, I may have saved months of my life. As things stand now, hopefully the situation will be salvaged. It is not worth the risk free-wheeling on the basis of advice from the likes of them. Get out there, find out what you can do and for heaven's sake, do it. For yourself!!
Here's wishing you all the best of luck and good health.

Do take care.
Thanks for sharing. Lot of people don't request their GCMS/CBSA notes etc because there is a perception that it may have an adverse impact. On the contrary we see how helpful it can be. For those who are in Canada they can request the GCMS notes for free, so don't hesitate.

Reactions: Namta1828

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Lot of people don't request their GCMS/CBSA notes etc because there is a perception that it may have an adverse impact. On the contrary we see how helpful it can be. For those who are in Canada they can request the GCMS notes for free, so don't hesitate.
Agree but there is no need to be excessive. See some people ordering GCMS every second week or monthly which is a waste of resources. If your application is being processed in a normal timeframe be reasonable and remember it does take time to process things and you’re not the only application.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Agree but there is no need to be excessive. See some people ordering GCMS every second week or monthly which is a waste of resources. If your application is being processed in a normal timeframe be reasonable and remember it does take time to process things and you’re not the only application.
100% agree. Things done in moderation work best.

Reactions: btzsa

btzsa

Jul 20, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
08 May 2019
AOR Received.
18 Aug 2018
Med's Request
08 May 2019
Med's Done....
12 May 2019
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
Thank you for your post. It is informative for people like me who have been waiting for security to complete for more than six months now. AOR 3rd July 2019, PNP-O...and each time I contact them I'm told only security is in process, rest all cleared. I've finally ordered gcms notes.

Can I request you to kindly share the reason why your security took so long...in my case it could be ex military background (spouse). Also, what is your application status now?

Thank you and good luck!
Your assumption is quite right. I am ex-military from a regressive third world country and that is most likely the reason I was placed in security screening. Fortunately I served for just five years as a pilot have never been involved in any questionable operations and so my security screening was completed in four months. I just wish that they had completed the rest of the process in time.

I do agree with observations of some that one needn't order GCMS notes once a month or some such. My only submission was (and this is especially true if using an agent) that if you hear nothing for a long time, and I hadn't heard from CIC since May 2019, then perhaps you should order a set of GCMS notes. You never know how close and yet far your application may be to completion. Knowing may spur you to ask a question which can be the crucial nudge required for completion of the process. Else, like me, it could be protracted "limbo".

Do take care all of you and stay safe

Reactions: 2018sky

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Interesting thread. So mine is a strange one. AOR 18 August 2018 (that is not a typo).
I recently ordered GCMS (actually CBSA) notes. I had been in security screening since May 2019. The notes show that my application was approved at CIO Sydney on 01 October 2019. It gets even better as I can also see the visa number and authority document number for my COPR. I can, however, also see an expiry date which is 14 may 2020. Unfortunately, someone seems to have slept on it and I never received a mail.
I therefore contacted CIO Sydney through Webform after getting to know this and they responded. First response said that they had sent a "ready for Visa" mail on 02 October 2019, but that they would follow up with the officer. The second one said that they have initiated action at their end and that they invite me to contact them if I don't get a response by 25 July.
I am sharing this with you all since there seems to be some doubt in people's minds regarding GCMS notes. My advice; order them. Worth their weight in gold they are.
Secondly, it is a fruitless business hanging about. I was working through an agent and the only thing she said was "We need to wait". DON'T listen to them; they are not personally invested in your case and, in many cases do not even know about various things that can be done. Had I acted earlier, I may have saved months of my life. As things stand now, hopefully the situation will be salvaged. It is not worth the risk free-wheeling on the basis of advice from the likes of them. Get out there, find out what you can do and for heaven's sake, do it. For yourself!!
Here's wishing you all the best of luck and good health.

Do take care.
Its been complete 9 months sicne we applied for EE FSW outland. My wife is the principal applicant who is a teacher and i am dependent and a policeman in India. After four months cic asked for police service detail form like that of just military service detail form which we sent through mail as there was no option to upload in myCIC account. And again after one month CIC asked for schedule A from me which we uploaded in myCIC account . After completing 7 months we raised webform to ask about the status as nothing was changing in myCIC profile. The answer was security background verification check s in process and Criminal background verification check is valid. But today it's been 9 months so we are thinking of going for web form or gcms notes . But web form is just typical not detailed. So gcms is our option now.

btzsa

Jul 20, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
08 May 2019
AOR Received.
18 Aug 2018
Med's Request
08 May 2019
Med's Done....
12 May 2019
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
Just to clarify some aspects which may help.

As I had my CBSA notes, I was aware that my application was stuck at the CIO in Sydney Nova Scotia. Therefore, when I raised a webform query (not through the account, but through this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=sydney), I could contact the relevant office as opposed to sending a generalized request that may dissolve in cyberspace.
The strange aspect of this was that though this query went to the VAC in Sydney, Australia and I received a generalized COVID response from them, I also received a response from the CIO, Sydney Nova Scotia.

Note again the following:
1. I was aware of which office to contact
2. I knew details of what had happened on my file, where, when and even the agent number who authorized the same with a relevant document reference number.
3. Knowing that the GCMS system had registered my application as "approved", I provided relevant details to the Visa Office.

I do believe that it was only due to the fact that I knew these things that I got a somewhat relevant response from the specific Office. I am hopeful they will take some action as details that I have are released through CBSA notes. Had I not ordered these notes, I wouldn't know who to contact and would not have had facts, backed up by evidence and reference numbers which even CIC cannot refute.

My suggestion would be to have these details before you contact preferably the relevant office in CIC referring to hard facts, which may elicit a direct response.

That being said, I am still waiting, just like everybody else here. Hopefully this will be resolved in a positive manner.

JenNguyen

Dec 30, 2019
Hi, everyone,
So far, has anyone received PPR since Mar 18, 2020? Here is my case, out-land express entry, Aug 27,2020 AOR, approved Mar 25,2020 (according to the GCMS). I also see the counterfoil for my visa on that, and COPR valid util Aug 15. 2020 since my medical result valid until aug 20, 2020. I can see that there won't be progress in controlling covid 19 till Aug 15. Then what will happen to me? Will my case be covered in dust?
All my information is based on GCMS and IRCC hasn't contacted me at all. I understand that due to covid 10 PPR issuance may be delayed but should I be contacted? In addition, in case the pandemic can't be control in near future, what is IRCC going to handle outland cases. They are doing an survey to see the impact of covid 19 on us, but till then they haven't made any changes yet.

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Hi, everyone,
So far, has anyone received PPR since Mar 18, 2020? Here is my case, out-land express entry, Aug 27,2020 AOR, approved Mar 25,2020 (according to the GCMS). I also see the counterfoil for my visa on that, and COPR valid util Aug 15. 2020 since my medical result valid until aug 20, 2020. I can see that there won't be progress in controlling covid 19 till Aug 15. Then what will happen to me? Will my case be covered in dust?
All my information is based on GCMS and IRCC hasn't contacted me at all. I understand that due to covid 10 PPR issuance may be delayed but should I be contacted? In addition, in case the pandemic can't be control in near future, what is IRCC going to handle outland cases. They are doing an survey to see the impact of covid 19 on us, but till then they haven't made any changes yet.
Same question is in my mind . What are they planning to do with the outland applications ? And if they have approved the outland cases ,at least they can give them confirmation to end the anxiety and suspense. Everyone understands its not possible to submit passports due to carona situation but whatever the decision or stage of ones application, cic should update them regarding it

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Same question is in my mind . What are they planning to do with the outland applications ? And if they have approved the outland cases ,at least they can give them confirmation to end the anxiety and suspense. Everyone understands its not possible to submit passports due to carona situation but whatever the decision or stage of ones application, cic should update them regarding it
The world is becoming a more hostile place for all immigrants and Canada is no exception. The last thing they are concerned about is the frustration of people who have just applied to become a resident in their country. Naturally, they are putting their own interest first and may decide to suspend the immigration program entirely to safeguard their own people in these unusual circumstances. I'm as frustrated as you but understand their logic.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
The world is becoming a more hostile place for all immigrants and Canada is no exception. The last thing they are concerned about is the frustration of people who have just applied to become a resident in their country. Naturally, they are putting their own interest first and may decide to suspend the immigration program entirely to safeguard their own people in these unusual circumstances. I'm as frustrated as you but understand their logic.

Yes that's why they conducted an all program draw yesterday after 4 months because they are abandoning immigration program altogether.

Reactions: mayjuly

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Brother, from what I understand, they are going to follow a similar process for all of us probably like the inlands. However, may be this is pending approval. But I agree CIC is not providing any updates and it's frustrating

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
the last draw of express entry included all the categories that's a positive sign . May be cic is planning on opening the process for outlanders and may be vfs offices are also going to reopen and start visa processing as they are doing for UK ,Germany and other specific countries . This draw is such a relief after so much unexpected stress. Lets see what future holds

Reactions: Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Let's keep positive guys.... we will overcome this hard time, and we will be all happy in few weeks.

All the best

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Let's keep positive guys.... we will overcome this hard time, and we will be all happy in few weeks.

All the best
Hi there ! I m from the same country as you , from which town are you if its not too personal? Good luck with the process we are getting anxious too , it all depends on Canada opening the borders( even partially for new PRs) I believe

Reactions: Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi there ! I m from the same country as you , from which town are you if its not too personal? Good luck with the process we are getting anxious too , it all depends on Canada opening the borders( even partially for new PRs) I believe
HI,

No issue, I am from Algiers. you ?
Hope you all the best for that journey.

Reactions: UniSaverH