+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I believe they have put PPR issuance on hold because visa offices are closed in most parts of the world and cannot receive passports. Interestingly, someone in China received his PPR yesterday and I think that's because China is going back online. I am in a similar situation (everything passed and AOR 23 September) and waiting for PPR. I don't think we have any other choice except waiting for the outbreak to be contained gradually.

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
I believe they have put PPR issuance on hold because visa offices are closed in most parts of the world and cannot receive passports. Interestingly, someone in China received his PPR yesterday and I think that's because China is going back online. I am in a similar situation (everything passed and AOR 23 September) and waiting for PPR. I don't think we have any other choice except waiting for the outbreak to be contained gradually.
Yes, and the previous two they issued, one was in Austria and Austria has recently announced the easing of lockdown while the other was in Russia which at that wasn't under lockdown. But I guess it would have been okay to know that our applications are finalized but pending PPR mails due to Covid-19.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Yes, and the previous two they issued, one was in Austria and Austria has recently announced the easing of lockdown while the other was in Russia which at that wasn't under lockdown. But I guess it would have been okay to know that our applications are finalized but pending PPR mails due to Covid-19.
Thanks. My AOR was 29th Sept 2019 and since 14 Feb 2020, I am under security screening and they asked for ADR: military, schedule A and travel history forms. After submitting those ADR, I got a ghoste update around 23th of Feb. Is there any hope that my security is still going on during COVID-19 pandemic? I really need my PPR. My situation is unique. If I do not get my PPR soon I will have to leave the country:( My visa office is CPC Edmonton. and they seem to be slow.

SLP63

Jul 22, 2019
They asked me for IMM5046E. They are working but not issuing PPRs and the office is Ottawa.
My VO is Ottawa too. I sent an email inquiry to them and got an auto-reply saying that only critical functions are being maintained at the IRCC. So I guess PPRs are not as critical...

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Thanks. My AOR was 29th Sept 2019 and since 14 Feb 2020, I am under security screening and they asked for ADR: military, schedule A and travel history forms. After submitting those ADR, I got a ghoste update around 23th of Feb. Is there any hope that my security is still going on during COVID-19 pandemic? I really need my PPR. My situation is unique. If I do not get my PPR soon I will have to leave the country:( My visa office is CPC Edmonton. and they seem to be slow.
I hope you get it soon. Don't worry may the force be with you

haiderijaz

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
My VO is Ottawa too. I sent an email inquiry to them and got an auto-reply saying that only critical functions are being maintained at the IRCC. So I guess PPRs are not as critical...
I am not sure about that but, let's just wait

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi There, My VO is same as yours with AOR 21 Sep. Last time when I called they said everything is passed. Recently I raised webform to know the application status and they responded with Security pass and criminality pass. They did not mention anything about eligibility. Did you raise any webform to know the app status?

BreakingBad199

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Many people have got webform response that their applications have been approved but they haven't got PPR which mesns it's true

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
Any updates regarding ppr? Has anyone received one yet? I passed my second remedical feb 26th and called ircc around march 3rd. They told me everything is passed and need to wait for my officer to contact me. I even emailed Ottawa center, with a grear deal of delay they responded something very general that said:
"The resumption of services at the Visa Application Centres, or travel restrictions are subject to authorization from local government authorities"
Nothing specific to my case! And still waiting for ppr.

edrian24

Oct 18, 2017
Still waiting for my PR approval. Sent my application last October 2018. Per IRCC, estimated completion date is April 26, 2020. No DM yet for my application.

Last edited:

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
It seems there are some delays. I am September 2018 applicant, decision made by March 14th or 15th, and still waiting for PPR...

SankaraJ

Mar 30, 2020
Still waiting for my PR approval. Sent my application last October 2018. Per IRCC, estimated completion date is April 26, 2020. No DM yet for my application.
Mine expires this Saturday. After IP2 and request for additional info at the beginning of March, Nothing has happened ever since. Not even a notification. I think they should let us know if they have stopped processing or explain they won't issue PPR due to Covid19. It is better to know the approval status and then wait until things get back to normal than be in a state of limbo.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Yes, I contacted them via the web form. After 4 days I got a standard answer saying that yes, a decision made was done on our application and that an officer would contact us to notify us. Already two weeks from that, and no news yet..