+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

kksharma3951

Jun 7, 2021
My sister is a FSW-outland applicant since December 2019. She applied for study permit for a postgraduate program at uottawa with dual intent in June 2021. Her application was approved and she received passport request a couple of weeks back.
Even I want to apply for the same! My admission is in Concordia University, Quebec

@legalfalcon Please help,

If needed I can share more details!

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I logged in to IRCC today and saw my application was updated.

The summary at the top changed from "You passed the medical exam..." to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

The medicals section has been updated to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Does anyone know if this means I have been given a medical extension?

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

The summary at the top changed from "You passed the medical exam..." to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

The medicals section has been updated to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

It means that your medical has expired and they are looking to reassess your medicals - it could be extended or you maybe asked remedicals. You can apply for GCMS notes or call IRCC to check regarding additional updates.

Reactions: matteosc and ih01

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
It means that your medical has expired and they are looking to reassess your medicals - it could be extended or you maybe asked remedicals. You can apply for GCMS notes or call IRCC to check regarding additional updates.
Thanks! Just raised a webform asking for an update so will see if I get a response this time.

Kash1994

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020

Hi

Can you please mention your country of residence and VO ?

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
My sister is a FSW-outland applicant since December 2019. She applied for study permit for a postgraduate program at uottawa with dual intent in June 2021. Her application was approved and she received passport request a couple of weeks back.
many thanks! did she mention that she had applied the pr in the student application?

Reactions: Purple_Rain

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Each case is different and your student visa application will be processed on its own merits, based on your language proficiency, the program you opted for and how well it blends with your professional and future goals, your ability to meet the financial requirements and your likeli hood to leave the country after your program is over.

Having a PR application in progress will not be a deterrent, but will not facilitate it either.
thanks for your reply. should I mention about my pr application while I apply for a student visa? because the reason why I want to study in canada while I am waiting for the pr is that the study program i am gonna apply would benefit my future life in canada as a pr.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021

It probably means your medical has expired :(

Reactions: ih01

Purple_Rain

Jun 24, 2021
many thanks! did she mention that she had applied the pr in the student application?
Yes she mentioned. IRCC specifically asked whether there's any other application with IRCC when filing up online study permit application form. She took care to convince that if for any reason PR doesn't work out, she'd definitely leave Canada after her study period (strong study plan, ties to home country etc)

Reactions: Adam Tsao

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for your reply. should I mention about my pr application while I apply for a student visa? because the reason why I want to study in canada while I am waiting for the pr is that the study program i am gonna apply would benefit my future life in canada as a pr.
In the application, there will be questions about if you have applied to IRCC before and you will have to disclose that you have filed a PR application.

However, just because you have a PR file in progress is not sufficient to get a study permit. For a study permit, you have to show that you will leave the country after your study program is completed, have sufficient financial resources, the studies help you further your professional goals, you have the required language proficiency to pursue the degree etc.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Yes she mentioned. IRCC specifically asked whether there's any other application with IRCC when filing up online study permit application form. She took care to convince that if for any reason PR doesn't work out, she'd definitely leave Canada after her study period (strong study plan, ties to home country etc)
Thank you!

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Has anyone been able to raise a webform recently?
I’ve been trying for the past few days but there’s this Error appearing after i press sumbit!