Bolanleodu

Feb 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

FSW - Outland EE
AOR - 09 April 2020
AVO Accra
I received PPR on 02 October 2020
Sent passports on 05 October 2020
IRCC received passports since 15 October 2020 "Application... has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2020/10/15 "

hat is the usual timeline for getting passport back?

Reactions: Wotsit

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
I think your timeline looks normal. By the way, how have you managed to get a PPR while the travel restrictions are preventing IRCC from issuing visas to outland applicants? Do you have relatives in Canada or something like that?

I'm waiting since November 2019 with almost everyone else who applied in that month. People's files are complete and approved but they stopped issuing visas since March 18.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
I think your timeline looks normal. By the way, how have you managed to get a PPR while the travel restrictions are preventing IRCC from issuing visas to outland applicants? Do you have relatives in Canada or something like that?

I'm waiting since November 2019 with almost everyone else who applied in that month. People's files are complete and approved but they stopped issuing visas since March 18.
A few offices have recently issued PPRs to Outland PNP applicants.
I was sent PPR and have got my COPR too, not that it makes much difference with travel restrictions...
Now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to travel before it expires in 3 months.
I don't have family in Canada so I'm not exempt from travel restrictions. I guess PPRs can be issued to anyone...

Reactions: Glaber

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hi Everyone,

FSW - Outland EE
AOR - 09 April 2020
AVO Accra
IRCC received passports since 15 October 2020 "Application... has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2020/10/15 "

I received mine within a week from London (visa exempt so only had to send photos) but I'm sure that there is no need to worry. I read that it can take 4 weeks from them recieving passports.

Bolanleodu

Feb 12, 2019

No! I don't have relatives in Canada. I was as surprised as you when we received PPR especially because AVO is known for long delays. Visas are being issued, at least since September. Today makes it a whole month since I sent our passports to AVO. Hopefully, Sydney VO will also start issuing visas.

Bolanleodu

Feb 12, 2019
I received mine within a week from London (visa exempt so only had to send photos) but I'm sure that there is no need to worry. I read that it can take 4 weeks from them recieving passports.
Looking forward to having them back. Been a bit apprehensive especially as some people within my group who submitted later that I did got theirs sent back last week.

Reactions: Wotsit

Bolanleodu

Feb 12, 2019
A few offices have recently issued PPRs to Outland PNP applicants.
I was sent PPR and have got my COPR too, not that it makes much difference with travel restrictions...
Now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to travel before it expires in 3 months.
I don't have family in Canada so I'm not exempt from travel restrictions. I guess PPRs can be issued to anyone...
Don't worry! If you intend to move permanently and not just as a soft landing, I will advice you travel now. Fill out the ArriveCan App and indicate your travel is nonessential.

You'll be fine trust me.

Bolanleodu

Feb 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

FSW - Outland EE
AOR - 09 April 2020
AVO Accra

As an update to this, I am yet to get my family's Passports back from Accra Visa Office. Upon several enquiries I recieved the mail below from AVO.

"
We acknowledge receipt of your passport and are pleased to advise that your application for permanent residence has been approved. However, in light of current IRCC guidelines, permanent resident visas (PRV) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) cannot be issued for economic applicants with medical results valid for less than a specific period, currently set at six months

We will hold your passport until we are able to issue it, either because our restrictions change or we receive authorization to request additional information that allows us to issue the PRV and COPR (e.g. a new medical exam). If a new medical exam is required, IRCC can send you a stamped scan of your passport bio pages to help facilitate the process.

If at any time you wish to have your passport returned to you, you may send us an e-mail request asking that your passport be returned to you. Please note that your status as a permanent resident in Canada is not finalized until you arrive in Canada and confirm your permanent residence status in person.

Regards,

"
What would you recommend?

aranymous

Jun 13, 2018
NOC Code......
NOC 2171
Hi Everyone,

FSW - Outland EE
AOR - 09 April 2020
AVO Accra

Hey,
Please what's the estimated timeline for collecting our passports back from Accra?
I think I'm starting to get worried..

AOR - Sept 2020
PPR- Nov 23 2020
Went to DHL - Dec 3 2020
DHL delivered pp to VFS Lekki - Dec 4 2020
VFS provided tracking # - Dec 7, 2020
Single Applicant, No siblings/relatives in Canada
Med expires July 2021.

No updates since 7th Dec...

Help please
Any updates on yours?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Don't worry! If you intend to move permanently and not just as a soft landing, I will advice you travel now. Fill out the ArriveCan App and indicate your travel is nonessential.

You'll be fine trust me.
Can you confirm if we can travel for permanent settlement during restrictions?
We do fall in exempted category but no job offer, have extended family in Canada however only have EE -> valid copr & prv.
Can we just fill arrivecan app and book tickets without authorization letter?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Can you confirm if we can travel for permanent settlement during restrictions?
We do fall in exempted category but no job offer, have extended family in Canada however only have EE -> valid copr & prv.
Can we just fill arrivecan app and book tickets without authorization letter?
I haven't heard of anyone actually doing this. It is a hell of a gamble to try, they could just turn you back when you get there.
I'm in the same situation and don't know what to do for the best.
COPR expires Mid February. I'm going to wait and hope restrictions change next month.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I haven't heard of anyone actually doing this. It is a hell of a gamble to try, they could just turn you back when you get there.
I'm in the same situation and don't know what to do for the best.
COPR expires Mid February. I'm going to wait and hope restrictions change next month.
A job offer is my best bet. But yes denying could also happen. We are waiting for some confirmation based on these factors.

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020

You'll be fine trust me.
Hi,
Having CoPR with counterfoil on December 08,2020 with job offer letter,BCPNP approval,intend to move permanently can restrict entry in any case?What could be the possible outcomes if we try to enter?

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines

You'll be fine trust me.
Hi, sorry just want to confirm, how did you know again that you can do this?

We are on the same boat.

thank you,

Reactions: asdq45