+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR comes in but applicant out of country?

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Hi,

I'm going out of country for a month (mid Dec - mid Jan). I've been reading some threads and noticed that some applicants receive their PPR earlier than expected. My application status 'Medical results have been received.' showed up somewhere in September.
- First question is, what can I do if I receive my PPR while I'm out of country or at a time when I'm still in Canada (but the time It'll take for my Passport to be returned could be after my flight date)?
- Second question, is the requirement for submitting the passport within 30 days a hard and fast rule?
- Last question, for my first question, does anyone here think I should send a letter to the Buffalo office informing them of my travel and the possibility of me not being able to send my passport on time due to the travel? and that if I can send my passport once I'm back in Canada?

appreciate any help here, thanks very much! :)

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
shaikhy,

I just received a letter requesting passport and I only had 15 days to submit it; I think is a little risky going on holidays if you have an immigration process going on.

Regards

flusty

Nov 6, 2010
salmtzo said:
shaikhy,

I just received a letter requesting passport and I only had 15 days to submit it; I think is a little risky going on holidays if you have an immigration process going on.

Regards
You received the e-mail on a sunday?

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
oh wow that's news to me, 15 days!? what about the idea of sending a letter informing the visa office of the situation and that if they can send me the PPR after Mid-Jan (if my application decision is made n all)? anyone here done this before? you think it'll work? I mean that's why we get the bar code stickers for no? for correspondence etc..

this is scary! thanks for sharing your experience salmtzo.

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
flusty,

What makes you think that I received a letter on Sunday?, Somebody is putting this situation and I commenting based on my experience; this is what this forum is about, No? your question does not make sense.....

shaikhy,

I applied on Sept/2010, the process then was different, I did not received any stickers or anything like that, so I don't know what to say about that but I guess you can always try to do something to prevent a possible problem.

Cheers