+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR awaited after correspondence letter( BVL)

Suleman3r

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Unfortunately 4-5 people got refusals over the phone with no refusal letter after 15 days of receiving BVL. At this point it has become kind of scary, it can go both ways.
They called and got the update that their visa application is refused? But I heard that refusal comes with BVL and In fact I received rejection of my first application on 13th April and re-applied on15th April. I have started my classes and I dont know whats the status or what should I do? I have got BVL on 12th May.. How should I confirm my status over the phone?

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
They called and got the update that their visa application is refused? But I heard that refusal comes with BVL and In fact I received rejection of my first application on 13th April and re-applied on15th April. I have started my classes and I dont know whats the status or what should I do? I have got BVL on 12th May.. How should I confirm my status over the phone?
I just read a 6 hour old post on Facebook study groups where 2 people confirmed this. They got a BVL but no refusal letter. They decided to call and found out. Someone even got the operator read out the refusal reasons. It’s happening, weird times.

Suleman3r

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
I just read a 6 hour old post on Facebook study groups where 2 people confirmed this. They got a BVL but no refusal letter. They decided to call and found out. Someone even got the operator read out the refusal reasons. It’s happening, weird times.
All of them from India? Could you please share the Facebook group? I would like to join.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
All of them from India? Could you please share the Facebook group? I would like to join.
Yes the phone refusals were from India but the BVL and refusal after 14-15 days has also happened with Pakistani applicants yesterday, there are hundreds of refusals and all were processed at Warsaw VO.

Suleman3r

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Yes! It’s the same group. Go to Canadian Student Visa - SOP guidance. A lot of threads about mass refusals yesterday.
Thats horrible, I have seen the majority of people got refusals and from VAC Poland. Just like Mass refusal.. but all of them got their decisions in less then 8 days of BVL.. People who waited from a month received positive feedback. I dont know whats gonna happen with my file?

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Thats horrible, I have seen the majority of people got refusals and from VAC Poland. Just like Mass refusal.. but all of them got their decisions in less then 8 days of BVL.. People who waited from a month received positive feedback. I dont know whats gonna happen with my file?
Any idea about the office of Ottawa? The details mentioned in my BVL is of Ottawa. Does it mean that my application is processed in Ottawa? Any feedbacks of positive/negative response from this office?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Any idea about the office of Ottawa? The details mentioned in my BVL is of Ottawa. Does it mean that my application is processed in Ottawa? Any feedbacks of positive/negative response from this office?
Are you applying with any spouse? Or single applicant?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Single applicant. Have mentioned that My spouse will stay back in my home country
And you applying from Outside of Canada, if yes then your application was pulled to Ottawa for second level up review, or the officer working with your application was reallocated and certain files were transfered for any reasons. It doesnt mean good thing or bad

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
And you applying from Outside of Canada, if yes then your application was pulled to Ottawa for second level up review, or the officer working with your application was reallocated and certain files were transfered for any reasons. It doesnt mean good thing or bad
Yes, applying from India. Ok thanks for the info. This is my second application after 1 refusal & I have got my BVL and medicals updated on 15th may altogether with review started. Nothing after that. Hoping to get response once VFS resumes in India. But in my gckey there are 3 entries of correspondence letter (BVL). Does it mean anything (Good or bad) or is it just technical glitch

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, applying from India. Ok thanks for the info. This is my second application after 1 refusal & I have got my BVL and medicals updated on 15th may altogether with review started. Nothing after that. Hoping to get response once VFS resumes in India. But in my gckey there are 3 entries of correspondence letter (BVL). Does it mean anything (Good or bad) or is it just technical glitch
It can be technical glitch, not indication of certain outcome