+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR and stamping

lyxus

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I got my PPR today,so really does it mean that I am accepted as a PR ?

About the detroit, since I am French, I don't need to send my passport but just a photocopy of it - so how are they going to stamp my passport ?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lyxus said:
Hi guys,

About the detroit, since I am French, I don't need to send my passport but just a photocopy of it - so how are they going to stamp my passport ?

Thanks
As you are visa exempt, they are not going to stamp your passport. They will send you a paper COPR and you use that to "land" at a port of entry or with an appointment inland.

lyxus

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the help

Does it take time to land ?
I am asking that because I will probably take vacation and I will be back from Toronto (live in mtl)
want to be sure I will have enough time

As well you didn't reply to my first question :p

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Bonjour,

Generally yes, your PPR indicates that you have cleared the checks (background, medical, and assessment in the category you applied). However until you land, you are not a permanent resident. The immigration officer at the border can still potentially delay your PR, as they perform a brief interview during the landing process. For the vast majority of people it's a formality, but technically it is still possible to be denied. There have been rare (but existing) cases of this on these boards that pop up from time to time.

With regards to time, the entire landing process takes less than an hour for most people. The majority seems between 15 to 30 minutes, but it depends on how busy the border is. You can drive down to the closest US border and get it completed by returning to Canada. I would suggest doing it ASAP, whether at peace bridge while you're in Toronto or otherwise.

paulharry

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyxus said:
Thanks for the help

Does it take time to land ?
I am asking that because I will probably take vacation and I will be back from Toronto (live in mtl)
want to be sure I will have enough time

As well you didn't reply to my first question :p

so u have to complete there final step . Go to border see visa officer . He will check ur papers and do ur paperwork which one u will get from visa office with ur passport and then u will get ur pr card .

adietya123

Jun 23, 2017
Hello All ,

I have received COPR .What is the maximum number of days after receiving it that I can land in Canada ?
I have read somewhere that for Australia , one needs to land within 3 months after getting PR stamped. Is there any such condition for Canadian PR?

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
The date should be mentioned in documents you received along with PR.. usually it is within Year of your medical tests date.. however read those documents closely to find out exact date