+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PP requested thru outland - But sponsered person is in Canada - Pls HELP

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have lot the original thread of my question I posted. We are in the nut shell now, need your help!!!!!! Sad Sad

Since that my husband travelled here with his work permit while outland PR application was in process, now they have sent an email requesting his passport.
We are worried with 2 things now:

1. Should we send our pp now? Some had answered earlier that we need not send now, but communicate them on your travel to Canada and request them saying that you will send after while, but to continue with the process.
My Q1: If so, Can we really do that - ask them to start processing with my husband's PP. Later we would send the PP through our family friend or relative etc.
My Q2: How to communicate back to them as such- through email or through a letter (normal post mail). Can anyon provide the address/link etc.
My Q3: When we send an email as such, since they knew that he is in Canada, will they call him for interview? Ideally, he will not be having his PP with him.
My Q4: Knowing the fact of he being in Canada, would they stop his visa processing?
My Q5: What are the chances of they calling for an interview.

Seems all a chaos, Kindly help us!!!!! What best can be done!!

Thanks,
Meandmyson

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
1 - yes, you can communicate to them that your husband is in Canada for work, and that he has relocated temporarily in Canada because his work asked him to. Show the proof, and let them know when your husband will be back in India, and tell them that you will send the passport to them at that point - once your husband is in India. There is no point in trying to send his passport now - once the passport is at the embassy, how is he going to travel back to India once his work permit expires?
2 - send them a case-specific enquiry, or even easier - reply to the passport request email.
3 - applicants are called for an interview when the VO wants to make sure that the marriage is genuine, so your husband being in Canada, legally working, and staying with his family, is a good thing - not a bad one! the more time you spend together as a family, the better it is for your immigration file!
4 - that's a difficult question to answer, as only CIC can tell you that. I don't know why New Delhi asks for the passport so early in the process, other VO only request it when it's time to issue the visa. If they need the passport for background checks, it might delay a bit. But they still can check on relationship proofs etc. So - it might delay a bit, but I don't think it will stop the application - but that's only my opinion, and I don't work for CIC.
5 - there again - nobody will be able to tell you what are the chances for an interview. If you have no specific red flag, and your husband lives with you currently as a family, legally working in Canada won't increase his chances of an interview - see my previous point.

What to do? inform CIC of the situation, tell them that your husband is in Canada with you, working for the company, and he will be back in India. Then enjoy your family life while your husband has a work permit. When the permit expires, he goes back to India, sends his passport to the VO, and wait for more news to CIC and hopefully the visa to return to Canada soon enough. Your husband is not doing anything illegal, it might delay a little the process, but at the same time, he is spending time with you, so it's nicer than being apart from the whole process. He is also gaining valuable work experience in Canada that will make it easier most likely when he comes back as a PR and starts looking for a job.

So - it doesn't seem too much of a chaos, it's nothing unexpected, as you knew that he would be asked for his passport while working in Canada - it's fine.

Sweden