+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Potential PPR / Passport Issue - Seniors, please help

owais182

Aug 31, 2015
Friends, I'd be very grateful for your help with this issue!

- I received my AOR 6 October and my passport expires end March 2016. My category is FSW Outland.
- I live abroad and my embassy in this country does not issue machine readable passports; I will need to go back home to get my passport renewed.
- I'm confident of getting my passport renewed within 2-3 weeks of applying for it.
- I intend to go back home end December and will get my passport renewed and will update CIC via a CSE by early Jan 2016.

Questions:

- In the unlikely event I get a PPR before end December, I can go home immediately and can get my passport renewed within 30 days. If I send in my old and new passports to CIC with a LOE, will they have any issues stamping my new passport? Or will they insist I raise a CSE before they will stamp my new passport?

- If I receive PPR right after I get my passport renewed and before I get acknowledgement on my CSE, will this present an issue and will I have to wait for CIC to acknowledge that my details have been updated?

THANK YOU

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
owais182 said:
Friends, I'd be very grateful for your help with this issue!

- I received my AOR 6 October and my passport expires end March 2016. My category is FSW Outland.
- I live abroad and my embassy in this country does not issue machine readable passports; I will need to go back home to get my passport renewed.
- I'm confident of getting my passport renewed within 2-3 weeks of applying for it.
- I intend to go back home end December and will get my passport renewed and will update CIC via a CSE by early Jan 2016.

Questions:

- In the unlikely event I get a PPR before end December, I can go home immediately and can get my passport renewed within 30 days. If I send in my old and new passports to CIC with a LOE, will they have any issues stamping my new passport? Or will they insist I raise a CSE before they will stamp my new passport?

- If I receive PPR right after I get my passport renewed and before I get acknowledgement on my CSE, will this present an issue and will I have to wait for CIC to acknowledge that my details have been updated?

THANK YOU
It should be fine. Just notify them as soon as you get your new passport - email CPC Ottawa as well as send a CSE. Keep detailed records of your communications. When you get PPR, print out the email/CSE that you sent them updating them for their reference/so they can look it up and send your new passport. You may include copies of your old passport. Do not send two passports.

Good luck