+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys

Today I called MY RPD asking about my new hearing date and she told me that i was given a new date about two months from now. Unfortunatelly, on that date I am expecting to sit for my comprehensive exam in my university. Do you advice me to pospone my hearing or keep it on the hope that my exam will be couple of days before or after the hearning?
knowing that I applied for refugee in March 2017

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi guys

Today I called MY RPD asking about my new hearing date and she told me that i was given a new date about two months from now. Unfortunatelly, on that date I am expecting to sit for my comprehensive exam in my university. Do you advice me to pospone my hearing or keep it on the hope that my exam will be couple of days before or after the hearning?
knowing that I applied for refugee in March 2017
Honestly I recommend to keep it. Chance if of exam and hearing being in same day is 3%. Even if they are in same day I would choose the hearing. If you postpone it probably you have to wait one year more.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Do you know this is what I am afraid of. I might be posponed untill next year!!!!!! I am confused bro
Just be relax. Most of things we are afraid of never happen. You have a huge chance of the test and hearing not be in same day. If they were then consider going to hearing.
Good luck man

Reactions: Shong Lee

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you know this is what I am afraid of. I might be posponed untill next year!!!!!! I am confused bro
Are they actually on the same date? Are you able to move your comprehensive exam? If you can't move the exam not sure what option you have but to change the hearing. You should also see what kind of wait time you are looking at if you need to change the hearing,

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
Are they actually on the same date? Are you able to move your comprehensive exam? If you can't move the exam not sure what option you have but to change the hearing. You should also see what kind of wait time you are looking at if you need to change the hearing,
I am afraid that if I requested to cjange my hearing they will change it for a year or so.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
I believe the university would be quite understanding if you explain to them that you have your hearing on that, their's a good chance they'll allow you to sit for your final on some other date.

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
I believe the university would be quite understanding if you explain to them that you have your hearing on that, their's a good chance they'll allow you to sit for your final on some other date.
no it is a collective exam and can not be postponed. do you have any clue about how many months I need to waite if I posponed my hearing?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
no it is a collective exam and can not be postponed. do you have any clue about how many months I need to waite if I posponed my hearing?
Nobody can say it. I remember a person who had to wait a year for new hearing and the reason of postpone was judge suckness! My understanding is if you postpone it you have to wait long time. Another problem is that in irc site they are saying if you lose the hearing you lose the case unless you have a reason for it. Is the test a good reason?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody can say it. I remember a person who had to wait a year for new hearing and the reason of postpone was judge suckness! My understanding is if you postpone it you have to wait long time. Another problem is that in irc site they are saying if you lose the hearing you lose the case unless you have a reason for it. Is the test a good reason?
Yes the test is a good reason. People may try to extend their stay be changing their hearing date. That is the issue. Call on Monday and explain the situation. No need to imagine the worst case scenario,

Reactions: Shong Lee

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Guys, I have a serious concern.
does the tomorrow election in Ontario affect our life as asylum seekers?
It seems that Liberals will lose the office for sure and conservatives or democrats will come to the power.
I am very worried this new government makes our life even worse:(
Any idea?o_O