+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Posting on behalf of my friend Pension and Bill C24

Canuckguytorontotdot

Mar 11, 2015
Hi to dear all folks and mates

My friend got his canadian passport few years back and left and said will come in th future

So he was saying he will come and stay 10 years by in a period of 20 years so at his old age he can get pension from canadian government so the thing is

If he stays back home after that pension age can he get his pension benefit from back home ??

I am asking on his behalf

And also the Bill c24 is only applicable for the people who are applying after the law right ??

For the mobility rights to be stripped off ??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Canuckguytorontotdot said:
Hi to dear all folks and mates

My friend got his canadian passport few years back and left and said will come in th future

So he was saying he will come and stay 10 years by in a period of 20 years so at his old age he can get pension from canadian government so the thing is

If he stays back home after that pension age can he get his pension benefit from back home ??

I am asking on his behalf

And also the Bill c24 is only applicable for the people who are applying after the law right ??

For the mobility rights to be stripped off ??
1. Yes, he would be eligible for OAS, but to receive it overseas he would have to reside in Canada for 20 years after the age of 18
2. he would not be eligible for a full pension, that requires residing in Canada for 40 years after the age of 18. If he only resided 10 years, he would get 25% of the OAS.
3. Yes C24 residency only applies to new applications after it is proclaimed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Thanks so much so 25% will he get that from back home
No, as per my reply he has to reside for 20 years in Canada to be paid OaS overseas.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much so 25% will he get that from back home
You don't say where "back home" is. If it is a country with which Canada has a social security agreement, your friend may be able to receive OAS in his home country without residing in Canada for 20 years. See more information here: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/services/pensions/international/index.shtml?