+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Posting on behalf of Brother-Study Permit Rejected 2023-Please share your inputs. Thanks

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a refusal for my brother who applied for Financial Technology program in conestoga college for January 2023 Intake. IRCC gave a reason as "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"
His profile details is below:
10th: 58% - 2010
12th: 52% - 2012
Bcom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period)
2016-2022 - working as accounts executive

- Please let me know how can we proceed further as should we apply for GCMS note and then wait to file for second time.
- My brother also visited some consultants in chandigarh and they told him to apply for other course as Financial technology does not goes with his profile being a commerce graudate.
Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I am a permanent resident of canada and living in canada.

Thanks

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a refusal for my brother who applied for Financial Technology program in conestoga college for January 2023 Intake. IRCC gave a reason as "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"
His profile details is below:
10th: 58% - 2010
12th: 52% - 2012
Bcom from Punjabi University: 2012-2015- second division(He was having backlogs which he cleared after his degree period)
2016-2022 - working as accounts executive

- Please let me know how can we proceed further as should we apply for GCMS note and then wait to file for second time.
- My brother also visited some consultants in chandigarh and they told him to apply for other course as Financial technology does not goes with his profile being a commerce graudate.
Please share your views so that we could make a right decision for him. I am a permanent resident of canada and living in canada.

Thanks
- GCMS notes should help understand in detail the reason for the VO to refuse your brother's application. However, it's also a possibility that they don't reveal much else. My personal advice is to request them and wait for them prior to submitting a new application.
- If your brother changes program, he will have to convince the VO not only of why this program is better suited for him, but also why did he decided to change programs.

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for your reply@Geet7, he went to some consultants and they directly said to him that financial technology course does not goes up with your profile as you did commerce in bachelors. Thats why I asked that will it sounds good to change the course on second application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply@Geet7, he went to some consultants and they directly said to him that financial technology course does not goes up with your profile as you did commerce in bachelors. Thats why I asked that will it sounds good to change the course on second application?
!any consultants have no idea what they are talking about and only have their own interests in mind so don’t trust everything they say. Get GCMS notes. If you did your studies in Canada and then became a PR it will be more difficult for your brother to convince IRCC that he doesn’t intend on remaining in Canada. How many backlogs did he have?

kunaldude

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for your reply@canuck78. He had 6 backlogs but he took multiple attempts to clear those ones. Yea i came here as student and got my PR. I understand it will be difficult on his part to prove his intention as ircc already have my details.