+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postgraduate Certificate from CANADA

tiger007

Champion Member
ashok5584 said:
Hi tiger thank you very much for your explanation in detail.
So it doesent mean if u goes for 1 year progarame or 2 years programe if one had 6 months experience.
I know it would be better if it is skilled position eperience to stand out from crowd.
So for which programe and course you r going?
Sorry, I accidentally deleted the previous post. But, thankfully you read it!

The only difference that will make in choosing a 1 or 2 years programme will be the length of post graduate work permit. All you need is full time 6 months work experience and then a offer of full time permanent job offer. Ya skilled work will definitely make one in a better position. Recently immigration minister of Canada has announced in World Economic forum,Davos that Canada is preparing for major changes in it's immigration policies which will gear more towards practical skills, trades and work experience rather than a higher university degree starting with it's Federal skilled worker programme. The changes will come to effect mostly by mid this year. And so with coming years stricter rules for immigration, something in line with current Australian immigration system may be implemented. And so, by my prediction in coming max 3 years, till the current favorable rules of PNPs will last. So, this is the time to go.

I'm planning to go in mostly JAN 2013 intake or maybe SEPT2012(less chance) to pursue a 1 year post graduate course in business. What about you?

H

HBK

Hi tiger brother,
We are in same boat.I had completed B.B.A. and planning to go 1 year post graduate programe in business might be in sept-2012.
I m from gujarat,India.Is there any specific programe in your mind?where are you from in India?

cjraval89

Oct 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HELLO... TIGER,

PLEASE HELP ME.
I HAVE TWO OPTIONS
1 FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNI 2 YEARS COURSE VANCOUVER,
WILL GIVE ME 3 YRS WIRK PERMIT,
IN WHICH I HAD ALREDY RECEIVED MY ADMISSION FOR MAY 2012 INTAKE.
2ND OPTION UNI OF SASKATCHEWAN 20 MONTHS MASTERS COURSE.
COURSE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER,
ADMISSION DESCION WILL BE IN EARLY MARCH..

WHAT U SUGGEST , WHICH COURSEI SHOULD GO FOR , THAT WILL LEAD ME TO pr . soobn??
i am in worry ,,
that if fdu is the only option tha afetr 2 years . i job chances are there inm vancouver or not? if i find job within 6 mionths than .. how much time it will take in british columbia to get pr.PR?

tiger007

Champion Member
cjraval89 said:

HELLO... TIGER,

PLEASE HELP ME.
I HAVE TWO OPTIONS
1 FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNI 2 YEARS COURSE VANCOUVER,
WILL GIVE ME 3 YRS WIRK PERMIT,
IN WHICH I HAD ALREDY RECEIVED MY ADMISSION FOR MAY 2012 INTAKE.
2ND OPTION UNI OF SASKATCHEWAN 20 MONTHS MASTERS COURSE.
COURSE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER,
ADMISSION DESCION WILL BE IN EARLY MARCH..

WHAT U SUGGEST , WHICH COURSEI SHOULD GO FOR , THAT WILL LEAD ME TO pr . soobn??
i am in worry ,,
that if fdu is the only option tha afetr 2 years . i job chances are there inm vancouver or not? if i find job within 6 mionths than .. how much time it will take in british columbia to get pr.PR?
Hi,

Univ. of Sask is definitely a much better choice than FDU. Univ. of Sask is a publicly funded reputed Univ. in Sask province, whereas FDU is a private university and only few of it's courses are eligible, whose graduates can apply for PGWP. The only 2 years course of FDU, eligible for PGWP is Master of Administrative Science. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp)
Even, if you are considering opting for Master of Administrative Science at FDU, yet I strongly reccomend to wait for Univ. of Sask decision and in the mean time also apply to other publicly funded reputed Universities for 2 years Master's degree in your respective field.

It doesn't matter , whether it is a 20 months or 24 months, as long as it is a full time 16 months (4 semesters) Master's degree course from a recognized University, you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP. You can verify this at the bottom of this page. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp)

You should definitely go for a 2 years Master's degree in a subject/field related to your previous background i.e bachelor's degree, work experience etc.

Getting PR depends on variety of factors provided you meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill the conditions as mentioned. You can opt for CEC or PNP category, after finishing your course and getting a skilled job.

Jobs wise, currently Alberta and Saskatchewan provinces are witnessing economic boom.

As far as I know, PNP categories of most provinces require you to get a skilled job (NOC O,A,or B), may or may not be related to your field of studies depending on the province. So it all depend's on you, as to how you get a job and then apply for PR.

The easiest PNP is Sask. PNP, where under Master's and PhD Graduate Stream, if you study a Master's degree from Univ. of Sask or Univ. of Regina, and after completion of course, can succesfully demonstarate your ability to settel in Sask. province, you can apply for PNP nomination and then PR, even without a job offer! check: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
Also, the Ontario Master's stream PNP, one can apply after passing out from any public univ across Ontario and then apply for PNP nomination and PR without a job offer. This is a pilot project and I think its limited to only 1000 applicants per year.
(http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html)

Conclusion: Your best option is Univ. of Sask, and I reccomend you wait for it's decision and in the mean time start applying to other publicly funded reputed Universities across Canada, especially Ontario, for Sept. 2012 intake.

Best of luck.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larxace said:
She found out that in Saskatchewan, they have a program that an international student who recently finished the course and in post graduate visa can look for a job there, any kind or field as long as permanent full time, after working for 6 months can apply for Provincial Nominee and saskatchewan will apply for a work permit while you wait for your PR...to understand better, go to cic website, provincial nominee then go to Saskatchewan...this is the best option rather than taking Masters and spend lots of money again...
hope this helps...
larxace
Hi,

1. The only benefit under Sask PNP for students under 'PGWP Stream'; you do not need to have a skill based job under NOC categories, still you need a 'Permanent Full Time Job Offer and must be employed for 6 months.

The point is, is it really easy to have a 'Permanent Full Time Job Offer' in Saskatchewan? If yes, thn why it's mandatory for Canadian employers (seeking positive 'Labour Market Opinion' from HRSDC) to advertise jobs opening on the 'National Job Bank' and specially in Newfoundland & Labrador, Saskatchewan or the Northwest Territories for a minimum of 14 days prior to applying for a LMO.

H

HBK

to prove that there are not enough canadian citizen or PR to pefrorm the particular job,while hiring foreign worker.
but my friend enfield. for international student why employer will have to apply for LMO?

tiger007

Champion Member
tiger007 said:
Hi george,

I think those agents are talking rubbish. It's not that easy. Let me clarify. To the best of my knowledge,
1. Most 1 year post graduate courses are 8 months old, so in reality CIC will give only 8 months post graduate work permit and getting a PNP nomination in that time-frame will be extremely difficult considering out of that 6 months will be gone working, that too if one finds the job immediately,so to get more months on work permit, 1 should pursue programmes with internships going upto 12 months, but securing internships/co-op is competitive and everybody may not get it. One needs to work only 6 months and not one year for applying via PNP students stream.

2. Alberta nomination programme (AINP) requires the job to be in one's related study field as well as the occupation needs to be in NOC O,A or B and host of other criteria, both for students and employers..so it's not at all easy.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx
/
Manitoba PNP requires students to study and pass out from a post secondary institution in MANITOBA( not in other province) and so this option is not open to all and strictly limited to Manitoba students.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/
/
Saskatchewan has the most favorable law for students to apply via SINP student stream as one can do a job not related to their field of atudy, work for 6 months and apply for SINP nomination. http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

However, As I said, MOST 1 year post graduate courses of 2 sems, only give you 8 months post graduate work permit, and SINP student nomination may take upto 2- 4 months. And I contacted SINP office and they said ONE MUST BE present in SK till the decision on SINP nomination comes. So even if one get immediately a job in SK, and say works for 6 months, still only 2 months will be left and by that time if PNP nomination decision isn't out, then one has to go back to their own country! When I asked about this specific query to SINP office, they said one must find a way to remain in Canada and asked me to contact CIC!.

Now, even I'm in dillemma as to what should one do? Since I too am planning to apply for a 1 year (8months ) post grad course and because co-op internship is not guaranteed,Is there a way to extend the 8 months work permit till PNP nomination decision comes??? There has to be a way..but I don't know any... Enfield/Seniors/others plz help... What do you guys think?

tiger007
Regarding the above post, let me clarify that under MPNP student stream. I mentioned by mistake that only Manitoba students are allowed to apply under MPNP, but that rule only applies regarding --- priority assessment, rest all students from other provinces can also apply under MPNP student currently working category, if they are in Manitoba working in a full time job for 6 months.
(http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/strategic-initiatives/international-students/#1)

Graduates from other provinces are welcome

If you completed a post-secondary educational program in another province of Canada you could still qualify for the MPNP if you are have been working in Manitoba for at least six months and have been offered a long-term, full-time job.

AlesiaSo

Apr 7, 2012
Hello, tiger!!! I would extremely appreciate your answering my following questions:
1. What's the difference between Postgraduate program Certificate and Diploma? Is diploma more prestigious? Is it a challenge to find a job with Certificate?
2. As managers assure me, Postgraduate program is equal to Master Degree, right?Or it is just bachelor's degree?
3. I'm applying for 1 year program in JAN 2013. Does this winter program differ from SEPT 2012?
Thank you in advance!

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi tiger,
Its is great that you are sharing you research with all of us i realy appreciate it.

I jst came to know that if i get visa for 1 yr pg program i can easily extent my course duration.I have already applied for student visa for 1 year gbm at conestoga.I am planning to change it to 2 year gbm at humber and extend my student permit .Can you tell me is it possible ?

I came to know that person can do 1 year gbm at ontario and do any 1 year course at saskechewan n extend the permit .For geting pr you need 960 of job so you can do that while studying.Can you tell me what should be done to increase the student permit which in turn increases workpermit in canada.I have applied for 1 year course as i could not show mre liquidity.
Please help me out.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tiger reply kar....enfield bhai toh busy hai

Ghazna

Apr 11, 2012
Hi, am from Pakistan... I just recently got admitted in one of the colleges of canada... i applied for the post graduate certificate programme in HR. I have already done my MBA in Marketing but have worked in the field of Human resources for last 2.5 years. After completing my Post graduate certificate program, i plan to do CHRP.

I wanted to know is it easier to get student visa for the postgraduate certificate programmes? because recently i have been hearing lots of negative things; that getting a student visa has become difficult, especially for postgraduate programs? is it true?

I will appreciate it if somebody help me in this regard and provide me information.

Thanks, Ghazna

Manish7

Mar 15, 2012
U gt nice 2.5yrs EXP + u have already done ur MBA so basically u are degrading in terms of ur studies i.e from MBA to PG..so the visa guyz dnt really appreciate tat..so theres a chance bcause of this reason that ur visa might get rejected..still it depends on ur luck...hope fr the best..:)

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
AlesiaSo said:
Hello, tiger!!! I would extremely appreciate your answering my following questions:
1. What's the difference between Postgraduate program Certificate and Diploma? Is diploma more prestigious? Is it a challenge to find a job with Certificate?
2. As managers assure me, Postgraduate program is equal to Master Degree, right?Or it is just bachelor's degree?
3. I'm applying for 1 year program in JAN 2013. Does this winter program differ from SEPT 2012?
Thank you in advance!
Hi buddy which college are you planning to apply and which field ?

Fawad Manzoor

Jun 12, 2012
Hi EveryOne,
I have done B.E Telecommunication in 2009 nd CCNA Certification in 2011...I have working xperience as well...I wants to apply for MS Telecom & Networking in Canada...My consultant is advising me to apply in PGD rather than MS ...Because it is hard to get admission in MS now a days...My CGPA is 3.37 and IELTS score is 6.5...Can i get admission in MS on this CGPA..Plz can any one guide me in which university of canada i have a greater opportunity to get admission...And should i go for PGD or MS

Thanks

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear sir,

If I am going for Diploma+PG Diploma course(duration of course is 2 years) will I get 3 year work permit in Canada....I am a Bachelor degree holder.....