+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Test RQ Mississauga - Oath Scheduled

moti

Oct 24, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS , MARY. Finally, you are a Canadian citizen. do share your oath experience with us.

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Congratulations Mary Chad! yes it is finally happening. we just had our Oath today as well.
Post test RQ applicants, do not lose hope. Just hang in there

anya

May 24, 2012
Many congrats to both of you.

cloee said:
Congratulations Mary Chad! yes it is finally happening. we just had our Oath today as well.
Post test RQ applicants, do not lose hope. Just hang in there
Did you take any other document besides the ones mentioned on the oath letter?

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
hi. I just brought the ones they specified. they didnt even check the passports. the PR card is important though. they didnt release one person's certificate because he forgot his card.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You ALL :) :) :) Became Citizen this morning ....

Few Details
1.My case was approved last week, Received call from Local office (905) number not 1-800...Officer told me they are filing spots as few people informed them that they won't be able to attend oath ceremony.

So please attend calls even from new/unknown numbers...

1. Upon arrival we were greeted by immigration clerk, who asked US to line up at ceremony hall.(They asked guests to go inside and have seat in designated area which was next to Judge podium)
2.Clerk asked US to have out Pr cards and Landing Documents in hand(he checked invite letter at hall door, Since i was called and had no invite letter , he said its fine,checked my name in his list) and let me In.
3.Next i was asked to give PR card to desk clerk who matched Pr information with landing doc, asked me to sign media consent form and then returned landing doc(She kept PR with her & gave Canadian flag Pin)
(Note: Even tho i was asked to bring all passports valid and expired with me along with 2 ID's, no one asked for anything except landing doc and PR)
4.Each marked seat had small booklets (Canadian flag, Oath wordings and O'Canada in Eng/French)
5.Short documentary played for 5 minutes, Clerk informed few points about ceremony, Hon. Judge came, gave US short information about his back ground and Canadian vote/heritage
6.We were asked to Stand and repeat after Judge "The Oath" by raising right hand.
7.Judge then Congratulated US by saying "Welcome to Canadian family,You are now Canadian Citizens"
8.We were called one by one to receive Citizenship certificate from Judge, then signed 2 documents, that we received Oath.
9.We were then given opportunity to take pictures with Judge in front of flags

Around 70 people attended the Oath. Ceremony was simple, and staff was helpful. Judge was very kind as well

I wish everyone Best of Luck ... Just don't lose hope.

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Hi Mary. Did you have your oath at Mississauga too?

I am so glad we are finally at the finish line. And having to deal with RQ and the wait makes us appreciate the Citizenship more.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloee said:
Hi Mary. Did you have your oath at Mississauga too?

I am so glad we are finally at the finish line. And having to deal with RQ and the wait makes us appreciate the Citizenship more.
Yes Cloee i took my oath at Glen Erin Mississauga - location ... Now applying for passport

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Mary Chad said:
Finally it's happening :), Received call from Cic ... Oath is scheduled for tomorrow.
Good Luck Everyone ...
Congratulation... Did you receive an invitation letter ... why they inform you by telephone

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you @IBM & @Travel Dream
There are few other reports on immigration forum regarding local office calling for invite, so they do sometime try to fill in spots....

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Congrats Mary..

I called CIC today and they told my file was transferred last week to Mississauga office for OATH.
How long will they take to schedule the OATH?

Thanks!

I have applied in August 2011 and RQed during test in Dec 2012 and waiting since then for oath.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you @rajdeepa
You should be getting letter in a week, i saw lots of RQ applicants taking oath with me, they are giving 10 days to 2 weeks notice for Oath.

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Mary Chad said:
Thank you @ rajdeepa
You should be getting letter in a week, i saw lots of RQ applicants taking oath with me, they are giving 10 days to 2 weeks notice for Oath.
Thanks Mary.
Hope your words come true :)
I will keep you posted.