+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Test RQ Mississauga - Oath Scheduled

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mary Chad said:
Thank You ALL :) :) :) Became Citizen this morning ....

Few Details
1.My case was approved last week, Received call from Local office (905) number not 1-800...Officer told me they are filing spots as few people informed them that they won't be able to attend oath ceremony.

So please attend calls even from new/unknown numbers...

1. Upon arrival we were greeted by immigration clerk, who asked US to line up at ceremony hall.(They asked guests to go inside and have seat in designated area which was next to Judge podium)
2.Clerk asked US to have out Pr cards and Landing Documents in hand(he checked invite letter at hall door, Since i was called and had no invite letter , he said its fine,checked my name in his list) and let me In.
3.Next i was asked to give PR card to desk clerk who matched Pr information with landing doc, asked me to sign media consent form and then returned landing doc(She kept PR with her & gave Canadian flag Pin)
(Note: Even tho i was asked to bring all passports valid and expired with me along with 2 ID's, no one asked for anything except landing doc and PR)
4.Each marked seat had small booklets (Canadian flag, Oath wordings and O'Canada in Eng/French)
5.Short documentary played for 5 minutes, Clerk informed few points about ceremony, Hon. Judge came, gave US short information about his back ground and Canadian vote/heritage
6.We were asked to Stand and repeat after Judge "The Oath" by raising right hand.
7.Judge then Congratulated US by saying "Welcome to Canadian family,You are now Canadian Citizens"
8.We were called one by one to receive Citizenship certificate from Judge, then signed 2 documents, that we received Oath.
9.We were then given opportunity to take pictures with Judge in front of flags

Around 70 people attended the Oath. Ceremony was simple, and staff was helpful. Judge was very kind as well

I wish everyone Best of Luck ... Just don't lose hope.
Hearty Congratulations Mary!

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi everyone,
I took citizenship oath today . It was comparatively
Long journey especially due to post test RQ.Thanks
Everyone for all help.

@ Mary - special thanks to you for all help
Regarding information needed during RQ
Filing. Appreciate your effort at twitter
For RQ victims

@ Ibm thanks to you as well

And to everyone on this forum!

Timeline:

Applied : Sep 2011
Test : Feb 2013, got RQ same day which
I submitted in mid April.
Oath ceremony: 20 Sep 2014

Wish you all the very best!

Thanks

janoo

May 16, 2014
congratulation..... your long journey over within 36 months am glad atleast

you have achieved your citizenship and I hope my journey to be end soon,

have completed 33 month and no news... my file is still in st.clair......

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks Janoo..I wish you all the very best. Am sure u will
Hear some good news very news considering the fact
RQ files are moving now. BTW- my processing
Office was SCR office And my file was moved
Back from St Clair office in early July.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Mary. I'm pleased to hear your good news. You have been a very helpful poster on this board. cheers

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Congratulations cancitz.

This gives me hope that my journey will soon end as well. It seems we have done our tests around the sametime (Applicatoin April 2012; test Feb 2013 and RQ on test, submitted in March; but still waiting). Do you know when your file was transferred from St. Claire to Mississauga?

cancitz

Feb 21, 2013
Hi Walrus189,
Thanks- as mentioned above, infact my office was SCR - it was
Moved from st Clair office in Jul first week and got oath letter in sep first week
Thanks

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Thanks cancitz. My ATIP report reflects that my file is in my local office (Mississauga) on Review Officer's Shelf since May 2014. Not sure what this means.

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Hi

Finally today I became Citizen, attended oath ceremony in Mississauga office. :) :) :)

This is great forum, thank you all... All the best.

IBM.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Soopergal said:
Congratulations Mary. I'm pleased to hear your good news. You have been a very helpful poster on this board. cheers
Hi Soopergal,
Any news on your file (you and I have similar timelines)...