+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post receiving my 1year work permit, when can I apply for PR

prasad15

Nov 26, 2018
After completion of my 1 year Post graduation, I plan to apply for a 1 year work permit. As the prerequisite of getting canada PR is to have at least one year of work experience in canada when is the soonest I apply for PR? Or do i have to wait till I complete one year work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is only a prerequisite for the CEC immigration program. The soonest you can apply is when you have one full year of work experience in a skilled profession (i.e. NOC A, B or 0). Note that you cannot count work experience you gained while studying. Also, even if you qualify to apply, this doesn't guarantee you will be selected out of the pool of applicants.

There are other Canadian immigration programs that requires you to have at least a year of work experience, but this work experience doesn't have to be from Canada (e.g. FSW/Express Entry).

Note that if your objective is to get PR, you should take a 2 year program so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. The chances of getting PR are low with just a 1 year PGWP.

prasad15

Nov 26, 2018
This is only a prerequisite for the CEC immigration program. The soonest you can apply is when you have one full year of work experience in a skilled profession (i.e. NOC A, B or 0). Note that you cannot count work experience you gained while studying. Also, even if you qualify to apply, this doesn't guarantee you will be selected out of the pool of applicants.

There are other Canadian immigration programs that requires you to have at least a year of work experience, but this work experience doesn't have to be from Canada (e.g. FSW/Express Entry).

Note that if your objective is to get PR, you should take a 2 year program so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP. The chances of getting PR are low with just a 1 year PGWP.

prasad15

Nov 26, 2018
In this case, is it possible that before the expiry of my one year work permit, I apply for another 1 year course? Will this be counted as two courses?

My intention of taking a one year work permit post completion of my course is to earn money and sponsor my own second course..