+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PR Application Travels and Old Passport

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my ITA on Sep 18th and Applied on Oct 25th. I listed all my travels prior to my application date, however I traveled to 2 countries for a few days each since I applied. Do I need to mention anything through a CSE or they would find this out when I get the PPR?

Another question, I have a new passport which doesn't have any stamps except for these 2 countries, my old passport has most of my previous travel stamps, in case I get a PPR do I need to send both?

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
wassimgiskandar said:
I received my ITA on Sep 18th and Applied on Oct 25th. I listed all my travels prior to my application date, however I traveled to 2 countries for a few days each since I applied. Do I need to mention anything through a CSE or they would find this out when I get the PPR?

Another question, I have a new passport which doesn't have any stamps except for these 2 countries, my old passport has most of my previous travel stamps, in case I get a PPR do I need to send both?
it doesnt matter where you have travelled once you have applied for your PR.
as your information is locked in time from the day you applied.

regarding your new passport please fill out a case specific enquiry and attach your new passport and let CIC know that you have a new passport now.

just attach your bio pages of the new passport in the CSE that shall be more than enough.

hope that helps +1 if it did

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
it doesnt matter where you have travelled once you have applied for your PR.
as your information is locked in time from the day you applied.

regarding your new passport please fill out a case specific enquiry and attach your new passport and let CIC know that you have a new passport now.

just attach your bio pages of the new passport in the CSE that shall be more than enough.

hope that helps +1 if it did
Thanks for your reply @futurecanadiannew123456

I already have my new passport included in my application as my main passport. I also mentioned my old one as expired and attached an LOE explaining why I renewed it just before my application (because it had less than 2 years before expiry).

My question is do they need to have a look at my whole passport stamps and visas to verify anything or they already do that without needing our passports?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wassimgiskandar said:
Thanks for your reply @futurecanadiannew123456

I already have my new passport included in my application as my main passport. I also mentioned my old one as expired and attached an LOE explaining why I renewed it just before my application (because it had less than 2 years before expiry).

My question is do they need to have a look at my whole passport stamps and visas to verify anything or they already do that without needing our passports?
For PPR, they only need your current passport. The purpose is not to verify past travel or anything, they need it to affix the PR visa to it.

wassimgiskandar

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
For PPR, they only need your current passport. The purpose is not to verify past travel or anything, they need it to affix the PR visa to it.
Thanks for your reply! I was just wondering how they verify past travels, I guess by background and security checks then