+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR - Travel Exemptions for extended family

Apr 2, 2021
Hi
@legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India @pisces88

Please help me sort this situation . I am in a mess right now .

Situation 1 - Mine RFV mail was sent by New Delhi VPO on 26/2/2020 on a wrong email address and due to which I wasn’t able to pursue it further for PPR/COPR . So Can I pursue a case with IRCC , based on RFV mail sent on 26th Feb , 2020 to exempt my application from travel exemptions and consider it in pre-March 18’2020 category and allow myself to travel along with my family . I have received COPR on 2nd March '2021 . Will this case enough to include my application to pre-march 18 category

Situation 2 – I am PA and my brother is in BC , I can apply for AL but question arises how do I get my family along .

Should I first apply for mine AL ( PA ) based on immediate family ie my brother in BC and proceed to request for AL for my family on basis that we can re-unite once I reach Canada and can they are my immediate family members and can apply for AL based on my PR

What do you recommend/suggest

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
@legalfalcon @legalfalcon_India @pisces88

Please help me sort this situation . I am in a mess right now .

Situation 1 - Mine RFV mail was sent by New Delhi VPO on 26/2/2020 on a wrong email address and due to which I wasn’t able to pursue it further for PPR/COPR . So Can I pursue a case with IRCC , based on RFV mail sent on 26th Feb , 2020 to exempt my application from travel exemptions and consider it in pre-March 18’2020 category and allow myself to travel along with my family . I have received COPR on 2nd March '2021 . Will this case enough to include my application to pre-march 18 category

Situation 2 – I am PA and my brother is in BC , I can apply for AL but question arises how do I get my family along .

Should I first apply for mine AL ( PA ) based on immediate family ie my brother in BC and proceed to request for AL for my family on basis that we can re-unite once I reach Canada and can they are my immediate family members and can apply for AL based on my PR

What do you recommend/suggest
1. YEs, however, the exemption is for people who were issued a COPR before March 18, 2020. If you pursue at the RFV email now, your COPR will be issued post March 18, 2020, and you will not be exempt from travel restrictions.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
You can’t come to Canada to validate your COPR and land as a permanent resident right now.

You may be able to come only if:

2. You can apply for AL based on extended family exemption, however, it will only allow you. Once you land and are admitted as a PR, your family can travel as they will be exempt under immediate family exemption. When you apply for AL, you can request that your family too may be exempt and given an AL.

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days