+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR steps

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I already sent my passport. Can someone answer me if I am right about post PPR steps?
1. Now I am waiting passport return. Once I have my passport back, it will have a one-time PR visa stamp on it.
2. Then, I will need to do the landing, it is the time when I will receive CoPR. All my work permit will be revoked and I have to wait PR card if I want to travel.

So my question is once I have my passport back with one time PR visa on it. Can I fly to my home country, and then back to Canada. Do the landing at airport and receive at CoPR at airport?

izaazyunus

May 4, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

I already sent my passport. Can someone answer me if I am right about post PPR steps?
1. Now I am waiting passport return. Once I have my passport back, it will have a one-time PR visa stamp on it.
2. Then, I will need to do the landing, it is the time when I will receive CoPR. All my work permit will be revoked and I have to wait PR card if I want to travel.

So my question is once I have my passport back with one time PR visa on it. Can I fly to my home country, and then back to Canada. Do the landing at airport and receive at CoPR at airport?

Are you already inside Canada? If yes I think you can fly back and do the landing on your way back. It would be the same as flagpoling.

Also, look into PRTD (PR travel document). You can apply for this to travel outside the country while you're waiting for your PR card.

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Ye, I am currently residing in Canada. At this moment, PR card takes about 2 months to process. I have heard PRTD, but I can't find how long does it take to process. I only intend to go back for 1 week. Thus, I don't know what is my best option here.

izaazyunus

May 4, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Ye, I am currently residing in Canada. At this moment, PR card takes about 2 months to process. I have heard PRTD, but I can't find how long does it take to process. I only intend to go back for 1 week. Thus, I don't know what is my best option here.
I recently used my PR visa to do soft landing in Canada. Once you use the visa, the officer will strike the visa indicating that it's used. That's how it is a single entry visa.

Once you get the PR visa stamp, I think you can leave the country and come back. This is the time you'll use your single entry visa. It feels similar to flagpoling (where you just drive to the US make a U turn and come back) it doesn't matter if you come back in one minute or one week.

Note: I haven't tried this before so please wait on someone else to confirm :)

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Can you clarify my questions? So after send passport, IRCC will send back my passport stamped with single entry PR visa. Will I receive CoPR as well? After reading many posts, I am kind confused right now. Even in myimmitracker, it says"CoPR/Passport Received".

I think we receive CoPR during landing or flagpoling?

izaazyunus

May 4, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Can you clarify my questions? So after send passport, IRCC will send back my passport stamped with single entry PR visa. Will I receive CoPR as well? After reading many posts, I am kind confused right now. Even in myimmitracker, it says"CoPR/Passport Received".

I think we receive CoPR during landing or flagpoling?
Yes, you receive your COPR in mail. During landing, they just sign and ask you to sign the copr.

chenhsia21

Jun 27, 2018
Hi,
I am currently residing in USA. I just got my PPR on Friday. My question is if I need to send my expired copy of passport? or just the one I am currently using. Thanks!

izaazyunus

May 4, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Hi,
I am currently residing in USA. I just got my PPR on Friday. My question is if I need to send my expired copy of passport? or just the one I am currently using. Thanks!
You just need to send your current passport for the visa stamp. I had an expired passport too and didn’t send that.