+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Question (Passport Renewal)

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi Guys

My daughter's passport is going to expire in Jan and CIC requires 1 year validity. Do I need to inform them of change in passport since I will submit the new one to VFS?

If yes, then who do I inform?

Thanks!

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi Guys

My daughter's passport is going to expire in Jan and CIC requires 1 year validity. Do I need to inform them of change in passport since I will submit the new one to VFS?

Thanks!
Hi!
I am in similar situation.
I have received my PPR confirmation but need to renew passport before submitting to VFS for visa stamping.
Please let me know if you need to update new passport details to CIC post PPR!
Thanks

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Do they really need 1-year validity for the passport? mine is expiring in Feb.
Also, if I have two passports, which one should I Submit? the latest, old or both?

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hi Guys

Thanks!
have you got any information regarding this?

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Just to update you guys, i got my passport renewed post "ready for visa" email from cic and before submitting passport for stamping (and COPR).

All i did after receiving the golden email from cic, i simply posted an email to processing centre (cpc ottawa in my case) for extension in passport submission deadline stating that i wanted to renew my passport before submitting it for visa stamping. To this cic simply replied back that my passport submission date has been extended by 30 days.

After renewing the passport, I did not raise CSE nor posted any update email to cic. I simply submitted passport to vfs along with a copy of cic's extension email and got the copr and stamping done after 7 working days. It worked in my case.

Reactions: Sourabhsj

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Also, if I have two passports, which one should I Submit? the latest, old or both?
I think it requires min 6 month validity before you travel

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Latest passport.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Latest passport.
Bro i have submitted my passport on 3rd october to canadian embassy in pakistan after ppr and my passport is going to expire on 20th june. Please tell me i am safe.

I believe it requires 6month validity.
Please guys help me release this stress

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Ready for Visa email , says only 6 months validity is required..

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you
will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should
be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Ready for Visa email , says only 6 months validity is required..

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you
will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should
be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages.
Cheers mate
Thank you.

Mamatha

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

My passport about to get expire in Dec 2018, My application was in IP2 stage.
I renewed my passport and using CSE cic webform, i have uploaded on 16th May.
I received golden email on 18th May.

Should I need to submit both previous and renewed passport ?
Do i need to inform them again ?

Please advice.

Thanks

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
Just to update you guys, i got my passport renewed post "ready for visa" email from cic and before submitting passport for stamping (and COPR).

All i did after receiving the golden email from cic, i simply posted an email to processing centre (cpc ottawa in my case) for extension in passport submission deadline stating that i wanted to renew my passport before submitting it for visa stamping. To this cic simply replied back that my passport submission date has been extended by 30 days.

After renewing the passport, I did not raise CSE nor posted any update email to cic. I simply submitted passport to vfs along with a copy of cic's extension email and got the copr and stamping done after 7 working days. It worked in my case.
Hey, so they're fine with the new passport or did you also submit the old passport (maybe copy?)..because the passport number and address could be different with the passport you used for submit the application in the begining right?
Thank you

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

My passport about to get expire in Dec 2018, My application was in IP2 stage.
I renewed my passport and using CSE cic webform, i have uploaded on 16th May.
I received golden email on 18th May.

Should I need to submit both previous and renewed passport ?
Do i need to inform them again ?

Please advice.

Thanks
So which one did you finally use to submit? i have the same situation right now. Thank you