+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Information and Discussions

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
1- I'm only given 15 days instead of 30 days to submit my documents at the VFS
That is very odd. I have never seen this before. Generally they give 30 days.

A. Can I submit my passport, photos and copy of PPR email within the US and receive COPR while here? What are the steps for this?
Most US based applicants actually send passport to Ottawa for processing. So there is no way of submitting passport in USA. There is a way of submitting passport in NYC VFS but even they actually send passport to Ottawa for processing. Google NYC VAC and call them to see if they will take your passport for PR stamping.

B. Can I get a 2 week extension or what would be the maximum date limit to fly back to Panama where I reside to submit everything?
Yes its possible. Raise a webform and also reply to the email from where PPR came. Also, see if there is an email ID on the PPR letter you got and email them as well.

2- I'm being asked to do the “Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3. ” again. I have attached to this email my payments of $1125 CAD back in September that should cover the PR Application Fee ($550), Biometrics($80) and RPRF ($490) for a total of $1125 CAD. Do I need to pay this again?
No need to pay again. Just send them the receipt.

3- Are we supposed to submit the address of the Hotel or AirBnb or Apartment I will be staying that upon arrival? I haven't looked into that waiting for PPR and now I'm only being given 14 days to find a place.
This is the first time I have seen this. Your PPR letter has two requirements which I have not seen before. 1. Asking to submit documents in 15 days instead of 30 days. 2. Asking for an address in Canada.

Also, they asked to pay you fee again. You may want to check if the letter is genuine. Was there a link to pay fee in the letter? Just wondering if it was a phishing attempt.

effybarreto

Aug 6, 2019

Most US based applicants actually send passport to Ottawa for processing. So there is no way of submitting passport in USA. There is a way of submitting passport in NYC VFS but even they actually send passport to Ottawa for processing. Google NYC VAC and call them to see if they will take your passport for PR stamping.

Yes its possible. Raise a webform and also reply to the email from where PPR came. Also, see if there is an email ID on the PPR letter you got and email them as well.

This is the first time I have seen this. Your PPR letter has two requirements which I have not seen before. 1. Asking to submit documents in 15 days instead of 30 days. 2. Asking for an address in Canada.

Also, they asked to pay you fee again. You may want to check if the letter is genuine. Was there a link to pay fee in the letter? Just wondering if it was a phishing attempt.

Well the email comes from <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> so it seems to be legit. The format is awkward but I hear that's usually how it comes. this is my full email:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 15 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
· Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
· Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
· Change in health
· You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
· Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform IRCC offices of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR PASSPORT- PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS

· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).
· Please provide your passport and for each accompanying family member.
· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT(S), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp
IMPORTANT: It is essential that your photographs comply with the specifications. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be finalized. Therefore, in order to avoid unnecessary delays in the finalization of your application, please ensure that your photos comply with the requirements. Please print the attached photos specifications as well as examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos and take them to the photographer.
IMPORTANTE: Es fundamental que sus fotografías cumplan con los requerimientos exigidos, de lo contrario se le solicitará que envíe nuevas fotografías antes de poder finalizar su expediente. Por lo tanto, con el fin de evitar retrasos innecesarios en la conclusión de su solicitud, le pedimos se asegure que sus fotografías cumplan con los requerimientos. Sírvase imprimir los documentos adjuntos donde se indican los requerimientos que deben cumplir las fotografías así como ejemplos de fotos aceptables y no aceptables y muéstrelas al fotógrafo.

4. Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3. Payment instructions are found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

5. The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents mentioned in STEP 3 must be submitted at the same time to a Visa Application Centre by mail or in person.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website
www.cic.gc.ca/submit and select your country of residence from the drop down menu.

- In addition to the documents stated in STEP 3, make sure to also include:
- The visa application center (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport(s) and documents to the visa office)
- Your contact information, including your e-mail, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent forms (available on their website).

Residents of CANADA

If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

• A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Your visa(s) / Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will expire on XXXXX. If the validity of your passport or the passport of any accompanying family member expires before this date, your visa / Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will expire at this earlier date. If it is the case, that person may wish to apply for a new passport. Please note that you must travel to Canada within the validity of your visa / Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 15 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section​

effybarreto

Aug 6, 2019

Do you think it has to do with the fact that im being processed in Mexico. I live in Panama but Im currently in the US visiting some friends.

effybarreto

Aug 6, 2019
Does anybody know if one can submit passport at any VFS in the world? I submitted Biometrics in Panama but Im currently in the US (as a visitor) and I was only given 15 days to submit and I don't think I can make it in time. I already tried emailing 3 times, raised Webform and they haven't reply. I called the VFS here in the US and they said I could submit there but Im afraid because Immigration havent told me to do so.

Help PLEASE!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Our family applied for EE FSW and PPR was requested Feb 12 2020.
We have submitted the passports at VFS Chandigarh office and is at Chandigarh Canadian Consulate.

Has Chandigarh Consulate also started processing Immigrant Visas as Chandigarh office used to stamp temporary visas before? Immigrant visas were usually processed by New Delhi before

Here is the timeline:
Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2020-02-13 for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at ChandigarhOC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center ChandigarhOC.

Visa application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxx has been received at the ChandigarhOC VAC on 2020-02-14 and is on transit to the IRCC Office in ChandigarhOC ,for processing.

Visa application, tracking ID xxxxxxx is under process at the IRCC Office.

anamae10

Oct 11, 2020
if they sent you AOR, it means that your application is not rejected or incomplete? i applied for Renewal of PR card, i checked my application in Cliend Application status it says they sent me my AOR, but i didnt receive in my email yet..

Okundaye

Sep 12, 2020
I already have PPR,I did upfront medical,my medical have not been updated even though I have submitted my passport for stamping,I seem to be very worried, please what could be the issue?

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

We can actually submit passports within USA. The PPR instructions will have an email address to which you need to respond to, and request them to have the PPR instructions reissued to a VAC of your choice. I did that way and got changed from Ottawa to VAC center in NYC. The passports, once they are received by VFS global, will be passed on to Canadian Embassy in NYC for COPR and Visa stamping issuance. It doesn't go to Ottawa.