27 Nov 2018
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
Passed
Hi everyone ,
Kindly advise , need help in understanding the post PPR process..

Got my PPR on 24th July, submitted passport to vfs office Bangalore ,India on 25th July.
1)My medicals is expiring in Oct 22nd. If copr validity is later than medical expiry, should we land before medical expiry?
2) how long do u think they will give time to do the hard landing? Understand it's until medical expires but it's expiring in oct and is too soon to replicate, will they give some more time?

Any inputs will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone ,
Kindly advise , need help in understanding the post PPR process..

Got my PPR on 24th July, submitted passport to vfs office Bangalore ,India on 25th July.
1)My medicals is expiring in Oct 22nd. If copr validity is later than medical expiry, should we land before medical expiry?
2) how long do u think they will give time to do the hard landing? Understand it's until medical expires but it's expiring in oct and is too soon to replicate, will they give some more time?

Any inputs will be much appreciated.
Thanks
You may request for extension before submitting your passport. Otherwise you must travel before your medical or travel document expires (whichever comes first).

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Can we talk about rent? Anyone here found accommodation or know someone who found accommodation before landing?

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
hi, I received the email saying I need to submit my passport for visa.. I am in canada inland applicant.. but my dependent is in india.. the email doesn’t say anything about where to send her passport or anything.. I am confused.. I can send my passport to Ottawa but what about my dependent she is not in canada

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Post PPR question: is it mandatory to maintain and show the SAME amount of funds in your account that you promised during your application? I am a single applicant and showed $14,500, when I needed to show only around $12,700. But when I purchase flight tickets and make other arrangements, I am going to have to dip into this fund so it will end up less than the $14,500 BUT it will still be more than $12,700. Will this be a problem?
In what form do they verify this when landing. I plan on landing to complete formalities and then return immediately to resume my job in my home country.

dsmd

Oct 11, 2019
DEAR ALL,

Actually , Iast week, 03/10/2019, i have send my passports for COPR. I am a bit worried because my medical will be expired on 20/10/2019 .
The problem is that if they give a short term COPR expiry , i will not be able to land in QUEBEC . It is only in FEB 2020 that i will be able to do so .

Can someone , please advise.

regards,

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
They usually extend your medicals for you. I found out only from my GCMS.

DEAR ALL,

Actually , Iast week, 03/10/2019, i have send my passports for COPR. I am a bit worried because my medical will be expired on 20/10/2019 .
The problem is that if they give a short term COPR expiry , i will not be able to land in QUEBEC . It is only in FEB 2020 that i will be able to do so .

Can someone , please advise.

regards,

Oct 24, 2019
hi, I received the email saying I need to submit my passport for visa.. I am in canada inland applicant.. but my dependent is in india.. the email doesn’t say anything about where to send her passport or anything.. I am confused.. I can send my passport to Ottawa but what about my dependent she is not in canada
any update ?

Hania17

Sep 6, 2019
Hello, I've just received my ppr , I'm from Algeria , anyone here from Algeria who already submitted his documents ? Also , should I put my passport and other documents in an envelope while submitting in VFS? Among the documents they requested a letter specifying height and eye color , I've never seen that before so should I write it by myself and print it?

alyxdv

Mar 28, 2018
Hello,

I got my PPR on Jan 30, 2020. In the email, it says that I have to complete and sign the Annex A, which has a barcode and my application number.

Would I also have to include the original PPR email in my submission, as it also includes my barcode? It doesn't say in my list of required documents, but I read that some people had to submit their PPR email. Please clarify. Thanks!

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address
a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.
b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.
4. The completed and signed Annex A attached to this correspondence, listing your current mailing address.

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Hello,

I got my PPR on Jan 30, 2020. In the email, it says that I have to complete and sign the Annex A, which has a barcode and my application number.

Would I also have to include the original PPR email in my submission, as it also includes my barcode? It doesn't say in my list of required documents, but I read that some people had to submit their PPR email. Please clarify. Thanks!

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3. One pre-paid return envelope for the return of your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents: DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”; DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number or email address
a. If your documents are being returned to a Canadian mailing address, please submit a Pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post or a pre-paid return envelope from any other courier service.
b. If your documents are being returned to a mailing address in the U.S.A, please submit a self-addressed shipping label along with its commercial invoice and a returning envelope from FedEx, UPS or Purolator.
4. The completed and signed Annex A attached to this correspondence, listing your current mailing address.
Congrats!! Yes, you do have to include the print out of your PPR Email, and don't forget to fill up the Annex A form towards the end of the PPR Email.

OSM1111

Jan 31, 2020
I just got a ppr request and submitted by passport today but in my document section
A new file is created called kit application form.
I dont know whats it mean kindly guide me as i have only two days to submit this form
please help me and guide me

effybarreto

Aug 6, 2019
I received my PPR email yesterday and I had a couple questions. I'm a resident of Panama and I submitted my biometrics there a while back. However:

1- I'm only given 15 days instead of 30 days to submit my documents at the VFS . I'm currently on a 2 month long trip inside the U.S visiting friends in Missouri. I’m already looking into switching my tickets but I was wondering if:

A. Can I submit my passport, photos and copy of PPR email within the US and receive COPR while here? What are the steps for this?

B. Can I get a 2 week extension or what would be the maximum date limit to fly back to Panama where I reside to submit everything?

2- I'm being asked to do the “Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3. ” again. I have attached to this email my payments of $1125 CAD back in September that should cover the PR Application Fee ($550), Biometrics($80) and RPRF ($490) for a total of $1125 CAD. Do I need to pay this again?

3- Are we supposed to submit the address of the Hotel or AirBnb or Apartment I will be staying that upon arrival? I haven't looked into that waiting for PPR and now I'm only being given 14 days to find a place.

Thanks so much in advance!