AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Some of the popular banks that people have mentioned (order varies depending on your preference)
TD
RBC
Scotia
CIBC
Tangerine

Check for the nearest branches to your location and book an appointment for account opening discussions.

Documents required;
ID document - can be your passport/ Visa/COPR etc
Address Proof - Your COPR copy, Goods to follow list etc where address is mentioned
For other documents if any visit the bank website

Its a fairly simple process to get the Checking account started and also apply for most likely secured credit cards.

To build credit history try to use 70% of the limit of credit cards (shopping, buying tickets etc.) and clear dues on time.
your list is more or less accurate..

TD is good.. I use it majorly because it has US branch so helps me while travelling.

RBC: has nice credit card offers , just like Amex but cheaper version.

Scotia: if anyone gonna live in Nova Scotia take it.

Major diff in RBC and Scotia is: RBC also takes salary into consideration and Scotia as fixed new comer card of 3k whereas RBC is flexible,.

CIBC: kinda ok.

Check all bank and do research ,m as you guys don wanna hit ur credit shit as soon as you guys land ...to be frank Scotia and RBC are largest banks , pick your devil

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
yeaa
Thanks. CVS did it finally but hand-wrote the pharmacy's address, store no and date. Hope that's alright.
yeah.. all stores do their own shit.. when I sent from my work permit , I used Walgreen. Here I used shoppers drug mart near my house

Sendze

Jul 20, 2018
Dear all,
I recently obtained my PPR mail on the 22nd of August and I got some worries I will really like to be clarified on. I am Cameroonian living in Cameroon and applied for FSW Outland. These are the requirements asked of me very lengthy please bare with me, I highlighted the areas of contention.

Dear applicant,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. Please cite your full name and file number (in the subject) on the return envelope. Failure to do so may delay your application processing. Please read the step 4 (what you should know)
STEP 1: CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

· Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

· Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

· Change in health;

· You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

· Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform IRCC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy (ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. Please note that you will need either your passport or a national identity card with photo in order to undergo your medical examination, if a medical examination is required. Please do not send your passport until you have attended your medical examination.

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. Write your file number and the name of each person on the back of their photos. Wait until the ink dries before stacking the photos on top of each other.Please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed.

3. A medical exam (if applicable) for you and member of your family whether accompanying or not). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. Please inform us immediately by email to: dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca if you haven’t received the medical examinations forms. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport or a national identity card valid for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx (select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.

4. Form Schedule A-IMM 5669 and IMM 5562 fully completed. You must answer all questions. Pay attention to questions (IMM 5669 )7-8 and 12 and make sure to give us all your activities and addresses since your 18th birthday and not only for the last 10 years. No period should remain unexplained. The dates and months must follow each other the principal applicant, his spouse and/or partner, if applicable, and all children over 18 years old must complete this form (if applicable. If you do not mention all periods, the processing of yourapplication will be delayed

5. Form IMM 5604 (if applicable) ( Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors immigrating to Canada) (if applicable).You have to provide this form along with a copy of your biological mother’s /father’s ID card or passport bearing his/her e-mail and/or phone contacts.

6. Recent original police certificate from your current country of residence for you, your spouse, your partner and all your children over 18 years old and all country where you have lived for more than six (6) months consecutive if the police certificate have not been previously submitted. If you do not submit the requested police certificate, the processing of yourapplication will be delayed.

7. The “Updated Information Chart” fully completed for you and your family member (whether accompanying or not). One sheet per family. (See attachment).

8. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you, your spouse (if applicable) 490$/215.000 CFA per person, if not already paid. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

A receipt will be issued for each payment received at one of the partnering financial institutions. Please attach the original receipt to your application and keep a copy of the receipt as proof of payment. Do not send cash. We will not be responsible for cash sent to our office.

A receipt will be issued for each payment received at one of the partnering financial institutions. Please attach the original receipt to your application and keep a copy of the receipt as proof of payment. Do not send cash. We will not be responsible for cash sent to our office.

Now I got 3 queries

- Is this the same mail everyone got for their Passport Request?

- I did my medical exam before depositing my application back in March. I am expected to redo another or send the same one I did 7 months ago? It is worth noting I did not receive an extra mail with the medical forms as stated above. I wrote to Dakar Canadian Embassy immediately yet to get a reply from them.

- Lastly there was no attachment to my mail for Updated Information Chart as mentioned in point 7 and neither has there been an update on my application since I had my AOR.

I really need your help anyone to clarify this will be a relief

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Dear all,
I recently obtained my PPR mail on the 22nd of August and I got some worries I will really like to be clarified on. I am Cameroonian living in Cameroon and applied for FSW Outland. These are the requirements asked of me very lengthy please bare with me, I highlighted the areas of contention.

Dear applicant,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. Please cite your full name and file number (in the subject) on the return envelope. Failure to do so may delay your application processing. Please read the step 4 (what you should know)
STEP 1: CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;

· Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,

· Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;

· Change in health;

· You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence

· Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform IRCC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):

· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy (ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. Please note that you will need either your passport or a national identity card with photo in order to undergo your medical examination, if a medical examination is required. Please do not send your passport until you have attended your medical examination.

2. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. Write your file number and the name of each person on the back of their photos. Wait until the ink dries before stacking the photos on top of each other.Please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed.

3. A medical exam (if applicable) for you and member of your family whether accompanying or not). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. Please inform us immediately by email to: dakar.immigration@international.gc.ca if you haven’t received the medical examinations forms. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport or a national identity card valid for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx (select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.

4. Form Schedule A-IMM 5669 and IMM 5562 fully completed. You must answer all questions. Pay attention to questions (IMM 5669 )7-8 and 12 and make sure to give us all your activities and addresses since your 18th birthday and not only for the last 10 years. No period should remain unexplained. The dates and months must follow each other the principal applicant, his spouse and/or partner, if applicable, and all children over 18 years old must complete this form (if applicable. If you do not mention all periods, the processing of yourapplication will be delayed

5. Form IMM 5604 (if applicable) ( Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors immigrating to Canada) (if applicable).You have to provide this form along with a copy of your biological mother’s /father’s ID card or passport bearing his/her e-mail and/or phone contacts.

6. Recent original police certificate from your current country of residence for you, your spouse, your partner and all your children over 18 years old and all country where you have lived for more than six (6) months consecutive if the police certificate have not been previously submitted. If you do not submit the requested police certificate, the processing of yourapplication will be delayed.

7. The “Updated Information Chart” fully completed for you and your family member (whether accompanying or not). One sheet per family. (See attachment).

8. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you, your spouse (if applicable) 490$/215.000 CFA per person, if not already paid. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Now I got 3 queries

- Is this the same mail everyone got for their Passport Request?

- I did my medical exam before depositing my application back in March. I am expected to redo another or send the same one I did 7 months ago? It is worth noting I did not receive an extra mail with the medical forms as stated above. I wrote to Dakar Canadian Embassy immediately yet to get a reply from them.

- Lastly there was no attachment to my mail for Updated Information Chart as mentioned in point 7 and neither has there been an update on my application since I had my AOR.

I really need your help anyone to clarify this will be a relief

yes its a passport request. i think you need to redo medicals as in order for them to issue a visa they need to be valid for atleast 6 months more. i suggest you wait for their reply.

Sendze

Jul 20, 2018
yes its a passport request. i think you need to redo medicals as in order for them to issue a visa they need to be valid for atleast 6 months more. i suggest you wait for their reply.
Thank you for replying

I think the medicals are valid from your explanation, I had them in February. Okay let's wait I see what their reply will be hopefully soon next week.

subinsds7

Jul 8, 2018
Hai,

May I know is it mandatory to submit the documents at VFS by the Principal Applicant..? My wife is the primary applicant and I am planning to submit the same on behalf of her.. Is it ok?

InderjeetSingh

Jun 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

We got our visa last week.
I and my wife are leaving on 2nd October 2018.

I opened FDs worth 8.5 lacs with ICICI in the month of March 2018 and I am leaving in October(more than 6 months).
I asked my immigration consultant today if FDs can be shown as proof of funds to which he said you need to encash the FD and take cash and travel card along with you.
FDs are not acceptable as per him. He gave me one person's number who would help me arranging equivalent Canadian dollars and travel card(for withdrawal overseas). Now I smell something fishy here as I have heard that FDs are liquid funds and can be shown as proof of fund.

Need to know if FDs more than 6 months old can be shown as proof of funds.

I have no problems breaking my FD and keeping my funds in my account.pls guide.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I opened FDs worth 8.5 lacs with ICICI in the month of March 2018 and I am leaving in October(more than 6 months).
I asked my immigration consultant today if FDs can be shown as proof of funds to which he said you need to encash the FD and take cash and travel card along with you.
FDs are not acceptable as per him. He gave me one person's number who would help me arranging equivalent Canadian dollars and travel card(for withdrawal overseas). Now I smell something fishy here as I have heard that FDs are liquid funds and can be shown as proof of fund.

Your immigration consultant is an idiot and fraud. Ignore him!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,

show them your FD or savings account and tell them you will do a wire transfer. nobody encashes entire amount and carries money in cash.

InderjeetSingh

Jun 28, 2018
show them your FD or savings account and tell them you will do a wire transfer. nobody encashes entire amount and carries money in cash.
So I am planning to take 4 lacs in Cash and 8.5 lacs (15531 CAD, we are two) as FDs with me. Will it be Ok?
Can anyone share their experience who have taken FDs as Funds and got through the entire process?

Hsingh13

May 31, 2018
Hello guys ... i m all here to join u on this forum...
just got my ppr today .... have few things running in my mind ..
1. Is the consent form necessary to be carried along if i (primary applicant) m going to submit the passports.

2. Wat is the safest way to carry or transfer money from india to canada .. is there a way that we can open a bank account in Canada before going there .. or any other suggestions..?

Appreciate ur efforts for the replies ...