+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps - Post PPR

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi All,

I received my PPR and submitted my passport to VFS.

I would like to know what are the next steps and what needs to be done when we land. Are there any thread or any explanation of what needs to be done at the time of landing and post-landing? what forms to be filled etc. Will be a great help to understand the process first hand.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Hi All,

I would like to know what are the next steps and what needs to be done when we land. Are there any thread or any explanation of what needs to be done at the time of landing and post-landing? what forms to be filled etc. Will be a great help to understand the process first hand.
Everything will be explained in the letter accompanying your CoPR.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi All,

Assuming you are coming in from overseas you would need to submit your passport that has the immigration visa, your COPR that has your photos and possibly proof of funds (ie. bank statements / bank letters you used for the PR). Depending on when you land ie via crossing US border by land or by air, assuming the latter you just go into the office after you pass immigration and the officers there will guide you on the process. You would need to have an address (Canadian) for them to send the PR card. It takes about 61 days to get it if all goes well. The COPR once you do the landing process and is signed by the officer, that would be your proof of PR for application of SIN, Health Card, bank account, etc. Good luck.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi All,

There are ton load of things to take care of after your CoPR and before your first travel.
Some of those details are already given in the official PPR mail you received.
That mail has tons of links that give you almost all the info needed before planing your travel.
There are few forum threads that are entirely discussing this topic.
Rather getting info on your thread, I suggest you comb the forum and visit those threads.
Download the Welcome to Canada PDF (link in your mail) and go through it as well.