+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Actions

MarlenTleu88

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Okay folks, I just received a PPR so yes, I am so excited! This long and nerves killing process is finally complete!
However, I am not sure about several steps described in the golden email.

For example:

You will need to enter Canada before your medical results expire. Medical results are valid for one year from the date of your immigration medical examination. If you and your dependants underwent the medical examination on different dates, the earliest date applies to the whole family.

Since my wife has done the medicals before I did - it means that we will use her date as a start point.
But, should we consider the date she received medical results or the date she actually undergone the medicals?

Also, I need to submit both passports to get visa in order to enter Canada. I still have received a notification that I need to submit it in my home country, however, a bit more than a month ago I changed my resident country. I have submitted the IRCC webform to inform them about the change in my contact details, however, I still need to send passports to my home country? OR any VFS office would work? Because the one next to me is just 60 km away from the place of residence. I would prefer not to send passports abroad since it will take a considerable amount of time.

Reactions: Binabik

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
But, should we consider the date she received medical results or the date she actually undergone the medicals?
Check your e-Medical Information Sheet, the expiry date is specified on it.

I still have received a notification that I need to submit it in my home country, however, a bit more than a month ago I changed my resident country. I have submitted the IRCC webform to inform them about the change in my contact details, however, I still need to send passports to my home country? OR any VFS office would work?
You need to follow the information given on your PPR. This said, you can email them and ask to change your VSF office.

Reactions: MarlenTleu88

MarlenTleu88

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Check your e-Medical Information Sheet, the expiry date is specified on it.

You need to follow the information given on your PPR. This said, you can email them and ask to change your VSF office.
On e-medical information sheet it is stated that results were submitted to IRCC on 17th of April 2017, so 17th of April 2018 is a deadline?

What email address should I use?

Also, upon arrival, for two of us I need to bring 15312 CAD on my bank account, right? I need to show this proof of funds

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
You will have your deadline for entering Canada on your COPR.
The email address you have in your PPR email.
The founds you can keep in your bank account. Sometimes they ask to show the proof, sometimes no.