+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post landing Queries.

madhura3082

Dec 15, 2010
Hello All the Experts,

We have received PR visa and it expires on 30th March.

We are thinking of landing in Toronto in Jan '12, stay there for 1 week and come back to our home country.

1.Is it advisable to do this? As we ourselves will not receive the PR cards(our friend will receive and send it to us)

2.Is it compulsory/advisable that we should stay in Toronto until we receive our PR cards?Are there any instances that we need to be personally be available to get the PR Cards.

3.How long minimum can I stay in Canada if I arrive and take the PR in case I want to come back?

4. After returning to my home country, how much time do I have to come back to Canada again not to lose the status?

5. Will there be any problems?

Waiting for Reply

Many Thanks

Madhura(Pune,India)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
madhura3082 said:
Hello All the Experts,

We have received PR visa and it expires on 30th March.

We are thinking of landing in Toronto in Jan '12, stay there for 1 week and come back to our home country.

1.Is it advisable to do this? As we ourselves will not receive the PR cards(our friend will receive and send it to us)

2.Is it compulsory/advisable that we should stay in Toronto until we receive our PR cards?Are there any instances that we need to be personally be available to get the PR Cards.

3.How long minimum can I stay in Canada if I arrive and take the PR in case I want to come back?

4. After returning to my home country, how much time do I have to come back to Canada again not to lose the status?

5. Will there be any problems?

Waiting for Reply

Many Thanks

Madhura(Pune,India)
1. Not advisable, however many follow the same path.
2. Not compulsory, however ADVISABLE [to stay-put here until u receive your PR cards].
3. The PR cards take typically 6-8 weeks to arrive@your mail-box. If tenable, u should plan your return AFTER 3 months.
4. U can stay out-of-Canada for 3yrs. in 5yrs... not necessarily in one-stretch.
5. If u intend to return [for good] by 2015 -- no problems. Else, God be with u !

Qorax

madhura3082

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Qorax.

One more question: As we were thinking of coming back in 10 days after landing, does our friend need to be at his home when the PR cards reach OR they are dropped in his mailbox?

Secondly, is there any provision that PR cards will be posted to our home country address( eg. Pune,India)?

Thanks for your patient reading and answering the questions...!!
We always consider your opinion vvv important. Thanks for being there!

Regards,
Madhura.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
madhura3082 said:
Thanks Qorax.

One more question: As we were thinking of coming back in 10 days after landing, does our friend need to be at his home when the PR cards reach OR they are dropped in his mailbox?

Secondly, is there any provision that PR cards will be posted to our home country address( eg. Pune,India)?

Thanks for your patient reading and answering the questions...!!
We always consider your opinion vvv important. Thanks for being there!

Regards,
Madhura.
1. PR cards r dropped in our mail boxes.
2. PR cards can 'only' be sent to a Canadian Address.

Qorax

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011