+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Work History/Personal History Query

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I have received an ITA, however I am confused about two sections on my application.

If I work remotely in Canada for a Canadian Employer :
Suppose I worked in different cities remotely from home for the same company.

Sep 2020 - Dec 2020 (Montreal)
Jan 2021 - Oct 2021 (Ottawa)
Nov 2021 - Ongoing (Vancouver)

How should I list this experience in the personal history and work history section? Should it be broken down like I did here or could it be:

Sep 2020 - Ongoing (Vancouver)? This question is for both Work History and Personal History section.

Again, I am a remote employee. I just moved around and never worked from an office but only from home from these cities for the same company!

Please advise.

Last edited:

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
I'd personally do this:

Sep 2020 - Dec 2020 (Montreal)
Jan 2021 - Oct 2021 (Ottawa)
Nov 2021 - Ongoing (Vancouver)

But I don't know for sure. You can also say remote work somewhere?

meenujjoy31

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, same situation for me, can you reply how you mentioned??
In my express entry profile I only mention one location(city and province of my employer’s location)

now, in post ITA section, can I change and separately mention it?

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I made only one entry in the work history section with current address as location. In personal history section I mentioned the three different location and time periods.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I wonder about that, too. They also ask "where did the activity take place" and I am not sure what to write. The city where I worked, or the city where the company is located?

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I wonder about that, too. They also ask "where did the activity take place" and I am not sure what to write. The city where I worked, or the city where the company is located?
For what it's worth, as of now I put company location in the work history section because the address was directly under the quesiton company name. THen I put a bracket after the address (work from home in calgary). Then in personal history as you said, it asks where the activity took place, so I put my home address in, with a bracket saying company is in Toronto. I plan to go to a immigration consultant this week or next to ask a few questions including this one, I may update this afterwards.

immigrant_kane

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
For what it's worth, as of now I put company location in the work history section because the address was directly under the quesiton company name. THen I put a bracket after the address (work from home in calgary). Then in personal history as you said, it asks where the activity took place, so I put my home address in, with a bracket saying company is in Toronto. I plan to go to a immigration consultant this week or next to ask a few questions including this one, I may update this afterwards.
Perfect! Do let us know what the lawyer suggests.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
I worked remotely for a Canadian company too. I did not put the location as canada. I put my country.

muz 1995

Mar 25, 2024
We got an ITA and have the following questions:

1. Back in my home country my office was located in a different city(city A) and I was working from home(city b)
What city do i write in my work history and personal history?
Also for some period i was working from office so do I make 2 entries?

2. In Canada now I am still working from home. My office is in Etobicoke but i was first working from barrie for a month and then from Toronto since past 9 months.
Again, how do i write this in my work and personal history.

3. I did a one year post graduate certificate from Canada. The college was located in Barrie. This was post covid so in person Attendance wasn’t mandatory. I also attended the first two weeks from my home Country.
Again do i add slots in the personal history section? I.e first two weeks from Pakistan, next 4 months from barrie and the last 4 from Toronto

4. Last question! I was working full time on my study permit( it was the time where students could work full time) while adding it in express entry, they ask if you had a valid work permit during this time? Do i select yes or no.
i had a valid study permit and was allowed to work full time.

Thank you to anyone or everyone who took the time to reply!