Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Hello experts and advisors,

By God's grace I received an ITA this week.

So I started filling for all data online, while entering information about travel history and residential history of my spouse i got little confused with how to add her travel and residential details, so need your guidance and advise on the same.

My Spouse's situation :

She traveled from India to USA for 5.5 months in Calendar year 2015,
after that for another 5.5 months in 2016 to accompany spouse (me).
And during both time she stayed as a visitor ( as she traveled on visitors visa B1/B2).

My question is about her residential history :

- Do we need to mention her residential address from US or from India for the time she was in US ( in 2015 & 2016)?

I think, I need to mention her residential address as India, because each year, she was in USA for less than 6 months & on traveler's visa and I am going to add her USA visits under travel history.

Am I thinking correct in terms of what expected by CIC for travel and residential history? please advise.

Thank you in advance!

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Experts and Seniors, please help me on above mentioned question:(

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
You have to add all the details in her personal history and as this is also exceeds in total 6 months, so you may also need PCC from FBI.

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Reactions: ICTWP

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
@rahul123b - thank you very much for your reply and suggestion !

Yes- Already submitted documents for FBI PCC for her.

If I understand you right, what you are suggesting is - Under Personal History ( under which Travel history is covered ) i should add her US travel, which is in-line with what i was thinking.

There is Another section under "Contact details" ( which asks about Address history) - I will add her India Address for the same duration she was in US on travel.

You have to add all the details in her personal history and as this is also exceeds in total 6 months, so you may also need PCC from FBI.

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello experts and advisors,
My question is about her residential history :

- Do we need to mention her residential address from US or from India for the time she was in US ( in 2015 & 2016)?
Yes - regardless of what type of visa she had, she spent a considerable amount of time in the USA and should include the addresses.

There is no hard rule of the amount of time that differentiates between a "visit" and a "residence." Some people live in hotels, so that doesn't help either. But unless she was changing to a new place every day or every week, you should include the address.

Reactions: ICTWP

ICTWP

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
Sounds good !!

thank you @jes_ON

Yes - regardless of what type of visa she had, she spent a considerable amount of time in the USA and should include the addresses.

There is no hard rule of the amount of time that differentiates between a "visit" and a "residence." Some people live in hotels, so that doesn't help either. But unless she was changing to a new place every day or every week, you should include the address.