+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Spouse Education mandatory if not claimed?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is it mandatory to include educational details of spouse (more than 10 years back) while submitting application post-ITA? & if so, will I be asked to upload certificate for that?

I had added educational details for spouse in profile, however not claimed any points (mentioned that ECA is not done). I now noticed that name is slightly different in certificate (father's name also included as middle name). I am just trying to avoid additional overhead of one & same person affidavit.

Thanks

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

Is it mandatory to include educational details of spouse (more than 10 years back) while submitting application post-ITA? & if so, will I be asked to upload certificate for that?

I had added educational details for spouse in profile, however not claimed any points (mentioned that ECA is not done). I now noticed that name is slightly different in certificate (father's name also included as middle name). I am just trying to avoid additional overhead of one & same person affidavit.

Thanks
if you mentioned no ECA done, then as you suggested no points are being claimed.

i'm not 100% sure whether on Post ITA form it will ask for spouses education in this case.. if yes, just upload the degree (you cant leave any items on the checklist blank) and mention in the LoE letter that you have added degree for spouse, but not claiming any points for it.

good luck

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
if you mentioned no ECA done, then as you suggested no points are being claimed.

i'm not 100% sure whether on Post ITA form it will ask for spouses education in this case.. if yes, just upload the degree (you cant leave any items on the checklist blank) and mention in the LoE letter that you have added degree for spouse, but not claiming any points for it.

good luck
Post-ITA has all the details that I submitted in profile. I think I have option to delete this pre-filled info. Is it advisable to do so?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Post-ITA has all the details that I submitted in profile. I think I have option to delete this pre-filled info. Is it advisable to do so?
if you can delete it, go ahead...