+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - self-employed documents file size limit

arthurspirke

Feb 18, 2021
Hi there! I am currently filling my PR application (finally receiving the ITA after the OINP nomination) and uploading the required files. During that process, I was a bit surprised by the two things:
1. In each section, I can upload only one file.
2. Each file should weigh no more than 4 MB.

This rather strange restriction is not a big deal in most sections, but in the Employment History, it is. I am a self-employed software developer hence need to provide some related documents. When I was applying for the OINP programme, I uploaded many different files which helped me to prove my work experience:
1. Ref letters from my employers/clients.
2. Registration documents.
3. Tax return forms. (for each year separately, starting from 2014).
4. Contracts.
5. Invoices.
6. Bank statements.

Overall there are a lot of documents, and their combined size exceeds 4 MB. Of course, I can compress those files further, try to rescan them with lower quality (however, the current quality is less than medium already). However, I will need to exclude some documents from the list I provided above (which I submitted to OINP) to be able to fit into the file size limitation. Currently, I am thinking about creating a combined file consistent of:
1. Ref letters from my employers/clients.
2. Registration documents.
3. Bank statements.
4. Contracts.
5. Bank statements.
6. Tax return forms for 2014 and 2020 (the first year of my activity and the recent one).

What would you say, whether it is sufficient enough? I will also provide the information about documents I have but was not able to attach due to file size restrictions in LOE.

P.S. Another possible solution to include some work-related documents, which will be excluded from the Employment History section, in my application is to use the Contact Information section. I will upload an LOE there, but it is a tiny document; therefore, I can combine it with something which I left behind in the Employment History section.