+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-ITA Questionnaire - Mentioning Canadian citizen relative (aunt)

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
I have an aunt who is a Canadian citizen and I stated the on the post-ITA Express Entry questionnaire. The question is: Does ************ have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.)

Now, I am being asked to provide proof of relationship as well as her residency status. We are not very close and I believe this will present a major challenge to my application. I get 0 points for this declaration and I am already comfortably over the minimum CRS required.

Can I not mention her in my Express entry questionnaire to avoid this obstacle? I'm not sure if this may be construed as misrepresentation.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
In the questionnaire, you will have to answer "no" to have you any relative in Canada question. BUT, you will have to clarify in the LOE (Letter of Explanation), that you have an aunt living in Canada but that it is not possible for you to obtain the documents required therefore you changed your answer to negative.

Reactions: jaffaral

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
In the questionnaire, you will have to answer "no" to have you any relative in Canada question. BUT, you will have to clarify in the LOE (Letter of Explanation), that you have an aunt living in Canada but that it is not possible for you to obtain the documents required therefore you changed your answer to negative.
Hello

Do you have reasonable evidence or experience that this is not falling into misrepresentation ?

Many thanks
No judgement, just asking if that's just your opinion or you've reviewed forum-ers or people doing that change, and all going through nicely.