+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-ITA No ECA

jjoker2k

Feb 26, 2018
Hi there,

I have a question, I'm applying for PR together with my girlfriend which we're in common-law, so the application is gonna be just one joint together. During the Pre-ITA application in her case, I put she didn't have any ETA or Canadian diploma.

but then on the POST-ITA, it ask for uploading the Education file

Do I have just to upload the graduation parchment? Or there is a bug in the system?

Just in case, considering that I'm not getting any points for her diploma, is better to remove that entry so is gonna be easier and with fewer troubles?

Thanks a lot for who can help.

Dec 22, 2017
Hi there,

I have a question, I'm applying for PR together with my girlfriend which we're in common-law, so the application is gonna be just one joint together. During the Pre-ITA application in her case, I put she didn't have any ETA or Canadian diploma.

Do I have just to upload the graduation parchment? Or there is a bug in the system?

Just in case, considering that I'm not getting any points for her diploma, is better to remove that entry so is gonna be easier and with fewer troubles?

As far as I believe, if it's a Joint Application then Education Credential Assessment and English Language Proficiency Test is mandatory to even qualify for the FSWP. There are many instances where the spouse or partner's Education do not carry any weight age but you still have to show.

I believe once you receive an ITA you technically cannot alter or change the EE Profile. They may reject your application since they may feel you provided incorrect details.

Can you please calculate your scores and see if you are even qualified for any Immigration Program if you do not include your partner's education detail?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

My best guess would be to resend the pre-ITA form/Application.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I believe, if it's a Joint Application then Education Credential Assessment and English Language Proficiency Test is mandatory to even qualify for the FSWP. There are many instances where the spouse or partner's Education do not carry any weight age but you still have to show.

I believe once you receive an ITA you technically cannot alter or change the EE Profile. They may reject your application since they may feel you provided incorrect details.

Can you please calculate your scores and see if you are even qualified for any Immigration Program if you do not include your partner's education detail?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

My best guess would be to resend the pre-ITA form/Application.
This whole post is incorrect.

1 - The ECA and IETLS/CELPIP is NOT mandatory for the dependent.
2 - He is NOT in any risk of rejection.
3 - There is no need to use the CRS tool. The ECA of the dependents' foreign studies has no bearing in the principal applicants' eligibility.

Please refrain from giving misguided advice.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Correct, remove it from the education section and add it only in the personal history section. No proof of her educational credentials will be required once you do this.

Reactions: CthulhusCupcakes
Sep 22, 2017
This whole post is incorrect.

1 - The ECA and IETLS/CELPIP is NOT mandatory for the dependent.
2 - He is NOT in any risk of rejection.
3 - There is no need to use the CRS tool. The ECA of the dependents' foreign studies has no bearing in the principal applicants' eligibility.

Please refrain from giving misguided advice.
Well I have bit different opinion and here is my story.
Created EE in June 2018 - ECA for both of us was in process during that time and total points were 351
Received provincial nomination in September and score has become 951
Now, I have my ECA completed in July but wife's ECA status is On Hold as WES waiting for some confirmation from her University.

Real Question:
I have been awarded 10 points for her education in ITA letter but I do not have her ECA result ready.

Question 1:
Shall I go ahead and answer No to question related to ECA? Will this action cause any issue and become reason for rejection of my profile due to lesser points?? Not sure if I will lose 10 points from 951(express entry) or out of 71 ( FSWP's points)

Question 2:
Shall I go ahead and explain this situation in LoE why ECA result for spouse are not available when I claimed them originally while creating EE profile??

Thanks

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Well I have bit different opinion and here is my story.
Created EE in June 2018 - ECA for both of us was in process during that time and total points were 351
Received provincial nomination in September and score has become 951
Now, I have my ECA completed in July but wife's ECA status is On Hold as WES waiting for some confirmation from her University.

Real Question:
I have been awarded 10 points for her education in ITA letter but I do not have her ECA result ready.

Question 1:
Shall I go ahead and answer No to question related to ECA? Will this action cause any issue and become reason for rejection of my profile due to lesser points?? Not sure if I will lose 10 points from 951(express entry) or out of 71 ( FSWP's points)

Question 2:
Shall I go ahead and explain this situation in LoE why ECA result for spouse are not available when I claimed them originally while creating EE profile??

Thanks
Question 1:
-If No, answer No to education for spouse, and include it in personal activity. No issue at all, it's standard. You will just not get CRS points for her education. There are no eligibility points (67/100 scale) for spouse education, so you won't lose any.

Question 2:
-Yes you can mention in LOE why you dropped 10 points because of no ECA yet, stating that you're therefore not claiming points for it anymore, and that it's all included in personal activity.

No worries here.

Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for prompt response. However, let me rephrase the question I asked above. May be it will provide more information to answer more precisely.

on 9th Aug 2018 I got the provincial nomination under human capital priorities and I believe I got it only because of my canadian job offer and 351 CRS points. To verify the same, I checked OINP website and it says, on 9th Aug provincial nomination was given to candidates with CRS score between 351-450 and job offer in the province of Ontario. Now, my worry is that I was able to score 351 points only because of 10 points I got for my spouse's education otherwise I would have scored only 341 points( and this way I would not have got provincial nomination !).
Now, while responding to ITA , when I am answering "No" to the question related to availability of spouse ECA (as her ECA is on hold), wouldn't be it treated as case of information misrepresentation because I said Yes to same question before ITA and could it be possible they reject my application??

Alternatively, I also think that it will be matter of just 10 points and still my CRS score after removing those 10 points for spouse education will be 941(351 + 600 - 10) and which is way above the CRS cut-off of 450 points for PR. Hence, by not claiming those 10 points for spouse education will not cause any hard to my application.

Additionally, my IELTS score is also expiring on 3rd of November 2018 and this is why I cannot even start a fresh ECA for my wife as it will take least 1.5 months to get the result.

May be I am bugging too much with same question but it is really important for me to get clear idea before submitting my application for further processing.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for prompt response. However, let me rephrase the question I asked above. May be it will provide more information to answer more precisely.

on 9th Aug 2018 I got the provincial nomination under human capital priorities and I believe I got it only because of my canadian job offer and 351 CRS points. To verify the same, I checked OINP website and it says, on 9th Aug provincial nomination was given to candidates with CRS score between 351-450 and job offer in the province of Ontario. Now, my worry is that I was able to score 351 points only because of 10 points I got for my spouse's education otherwise I would have scored only 341 points( and this way I would not have got provincial nomination !).
Now, while responding to ITA , when I am answering "No" to the question related to availability of spouse ECA (as her ECA is on hold), wouldn't be it treated as case of information misrepresentation because I said Yes to same question before ITA and could it be possible they reject my application??

Alternatively, I also think that it will be matter of just 10 points and still my CRS score after removing those 10 points for spouse education will be 941(351 + 600 - 10) and which is way above the CRS cut-off of 450 points for PR. Hence, by not claiming those 10 points for spouse education will not cause any hard to my application.

Additionally, my IELTS score is also expiring on 3rd of November 2018 and this is why I cannot even start a fresh ECA for my wife as it will take least 1.5 months to get the result.

May be I am bugging too much with same question but it is really important for me to get clear idea before submitting my application for further processing.
Okay thanks for the additional details. Very important indeed.
But question first: When you submitted your EE profile with wife's ECA, what did you mention under "ECA report number", you didn't have the report which would allowed you to claim points for spouse education...

Because now, you'll need to show all documents for which you initially claimed points and received ITA, including spouse education.
From my understanding of the system, your ITA points will have fallen below the PNP cut-off of 351, putting you in a tricky situation. You received a NOI from Ontario with points you didn't really have...

I invite other members to pitch in...

Sep 22, 2017
Initially when I created EE profile, ECA for me and my wife was in process. So I had put out WES reference numbers in the requested fields. Later, I got my assessment completed but her status has gone On Hold and it’s same now as well.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I think that could pose a problem my friend. Your WES report number wasn't a valid and existing report number...
In normal circumstances, you could just remove her education and put it in just personal history, and explain why the drop in points. Or a simple update of the WES reference number.

But in your case, a PNP with a minimum score of 351 is involved, and not having spouse education would've taken you below this minimum...
I'm not sure how that will go, as you obtained PNP by claiming a situation which is now invalidated by the absence of an ECA which you claimed had. Thing is, upon submission, officer will examine every single aspect of the points that you claimed.
Ping @legalfalcon @DelPiero07 for their approach on the matter.

Maybe you can just retake your IELTS, as new results would give you some extra time (2 years) to wait for spouse ECA before submitting application.

Sep 22, 2017
Earlier even before posting above question, I tried to contact @DelPiero07 but did not receive any response.

Never mind, I looked at provincial nomination letter as well as application summary closely but it does not say anything about spouse education neither I provided any information about her foreign education including ECA. So, provincial nomination is solely based on my job offer in ontario and job code I chose. Now, I also took a look the information about cut-off points for province nomination and the source is canadavisa.com and I am not sure how accurate could be that is. So, considering information provided in application package for OINP and application summary for same, there are no changes into the circumstances till now. So, legally speaking spouse's points does not play any role in OINP invitation I got.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Earlier even before posting above question, I tried to contact @DelPiero07 but did not receive any response.

Never mind, I looked at provincial nomination letter as well as application summary closely but it does not say anything about spouse education neither I provided any information about her foreign education including ECA. So, provincial nomination is solely based on my job offer in ontario and job code I chose. Now, I also took a look the information about cut-off points for province nomination and the source is canadavisa.com and I am not sure how accurate could be that is. So, considering information provided in application package for OINP and application summary for same, there are no changes into the circumstances till now. So, legally speaking spouse's points does not play any role in OINP invitation I got.
"So, legally speaking spouse's points does not play any role in OINP invitation I got"
Yes it did. Because it allowed you to get 351 points. Otherwise you'd have gotten 341, which wouldn't have gotten you NOI.
Now I safely assume officer will examine the circumstances of your nomination, to make sure all the points you claimed for your nomination are valid.

Sep 22, 2017
Yeah. That’s right observation and the most obvious thing. Finally I have reached on a conclusion that there is no other way than providing ECA for my wife.
Now, I am continuously in touch with WES folks but they seem to be not cooperating in providing any information if they have received response from my wife’s university or not. Whereas, I have concrete information that registrar of university has already replied to them.
I will try my level best to get the evaluation done from WES itself. However, just wanted to understand is there anyway I can get ECA done for my wife in 15 days? I have a spare sealed envelope from university with transcript. Would you like to recommend any ECA institution for same?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yeah. That’s right observation and the most obvious thing. Finally I have reached on a conclusion that there is no other way than providing ECA for my wife.
Now, I am continuously in touch with WES folks but they seem to be not cooperating in providing any information if they have received response from my wife’s university or not. Whereas, I have concrete information that registrar of university has already replied to them.
I will try my level best to get the evaluation done from WES itself. However, just wanted to understand is there anyway I can get ECA done for my wife in 15 days? I have a spare sealed envelope from university with transcript. Would you like to recommend any ECA institution for same?
15 Days seems very optimistic... :(
WES processes evaluation in 20 days from the moment the status shows "Documents accepted" (Not documents received).
Maybe you can retake IELTS, as that what seems to be your deadline. That would give an extra 2 years.

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry to bother you @Peacekeeper87 again.. New situation has come up. This time, I was able to manage my wife's institution to respond to WES query and now her ECA is In Progress state :)

Situation before spouse's WES evaluation and when I got OINP invitation:
  • Spouse Degree: Master's Degree (entered while creating EE profile)
  • Point Awarded: 10 points
  • CRS Score: 351 points
  • CRS score range with which OINP was issues: 350-439 (see the below link)

Situation now after spouse's degree evaluation by WES:
  • Spouse Degree: Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees with one program of three or more years
  • Point Awarded: 9 points
  • CRS Score: 350 points
  • CRS score range with which OINP was issues: 350-439 (see the below link)
Link to confirm 350-439 range:
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/08/ontario-issues-new-express-entry-invitations-with-cut-off-scores-as-low-as-350-0811049.html#gs.PkFs59E

Now, Question:
Would there be any issue while approving my PR application as my original score reduced by 1 point (still in OINP range for invitation)?
Or
CIC would consider it as matter of misrepresentation of information and reject the application?

Thanks

Last edited: