+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post ITA medical exam in Canada?

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
I got my ITA today and am trying to schedule a medical exam. I live in Seattle (US) and the next appointment with the only panel physician available here is in late November. Since I live close to the border and was planning to a trip to Vancouver BC sometime next week, does it make sense to get my medicals done in Canada? How long are the wait times in BC? How expensive are the medicals without a Canadian insurance? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kannan.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
immigrationfun said:
Hi everyone,
I got my ITA today and am trying to schedule a medical exam. I live in Seattle (US) and the next appointment with the only panel physician available here is in late November. Since I live close to the border and was planning to a trip to Vancouver BC sometime next week, does it make sense to get my medicals done in Canada? How long are the wait times in BC? How expensive are the medicals without a Canadian insurance? Any help would be appreciated.
It does not matter where you get the medicals done (except that it must be done by a panel physician). So you are certainly permitted to get it done in Canada. You will just have to call around to see when you can get an appointment.

Provincial Health insurance does not cover immigration medicals, you are in the same boat with everyone - usually between CAD 200-300 (including lab work).

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
A quick update: I got an appointment in Surrey next week. Turns out i can do it for almost half the price I would have paid here in Seattle :) People living close to the border should seriously consider this option!

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
A quick update: I got an appointment in Surrey next week. Turns out i can do it for almost half the price I would have paid here in Seattle :) People living close to the border should seriously consider this option!
Hi ,

I live in Seattle as well. I do not have Canadian visa to enter Canada. Did you have it for you to get your medicals done at Surrey and come back to Seattle? Please advise.