+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Legal Name Change Doc

Moose2020

Jul 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

My husband is the primary applicant for our PR via Express Entry. We used my maiden name everywhere on the application and at the question "Did you ever used another name?" I put yes and I wrote my married name. Can I just provide my French marriage certificate in the section "Legal Name Change Doc" or do I need anything else? Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The marriage certificate should be enough. I assume that the French system is similar to Canada's, where you only need a marriage certificate to support a change of name after marriage.

Moose2020

Jul 17, 2019
Yeah I didn’t have to provide any other paper when I added my married name next to my maiden name on my passport for example, the certificate was enough. Hopefully it will work!

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
We used marriage certificate + maiden name passport (expired) scan for my spouse. But the latter is extra, you're good to go with the marriage certificate alone as it's the official proof of the legal name change.

Moose2020

Jul 17, 2019
The marriage certificate should be enough. I assume that the French system is similar to Canada's, where you only need a marriage certificate to support a change of name after marriage.
We used marriage certificate + maiden name passport (expired) scan for my spouse. But the latter is extra, you're good to go with the marriage certificate alone as it's the official proof of the legal name change.
Great! Thank you!