+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA job change HELP!!

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
Hi guys, I got my ITA Jan 6. I was employed full time for another company then and have since moved companies and cities (on Jan 13). Do I need to declare this information (new NOC, new employment, new address, etc.) or do I only need to declare info up to the date I received the ITA?

Also do you guys think this would impose any problem?
Thank you!

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
gatiott said:
Hi guys, I got my ITA Jan 6. I was employed full time for another company then and have since moved companies and cities (on Jan 13). Do I need to declare this information (new NOC, new employment, new address, etc.) or do I only need to declare info up to the date I received the ITA?

Also do you guys think this would impose any problem?
Thank you!
you only provide employment information that you entered in your application , so this being a new job , i see no reason you update this information as you are not going to get any extra points as you were already awarded points for old job.

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
I’m just worried when I’m declaring my employment, I cannot choose the old job as “Current job” and it would appear as though since then I’ve been unemployed (?) Also worried about the “full disclosure”, don’t want to seem like I’m hiding anything…

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
gatiott said:
I’m just worried when I’m declaring my employment, I cannot choose the old job as “Current job” and it would appear as though since then I’ve been unemployed (?) Also worried about the “full disclosure”, don’t want to seem like I’m hiding anything…
Don't add the work experience in the "Work History" section of the application like ramu_rokey suggested, but you need to add it to the personal history section. Also in the "Work History" section remove the check mark for this is my current job and put the end date.

The one thing I'm not sure, is whether you should change your NOC code under Primary Occupation in the Work History section. Perhaps someone can weigh in on this? I would personally change it to the new NOC of your new Job.

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
Thanks for your input! I would really appreciate everyone’s thoughts, before resorting to a lawyer….don’t want to penalize my application cause of this.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
moelaghil said:
Don't add the work experience in the "Work History" section of the application like ramu_rokey suggested, but you need to add it to the personal history section. Also in the "Work History" section remove the check mark for this is my current job and put the end date.

The one thing I'm not sure, is whether you should change your NOC code under Primary Occupation in the Work History section. Perhaps someone can weigh in on this? I would personally change it to the new NOC of your new Job.
you can still edit your application before you submit it, just to clarify hope you did not get any additional points for this job, as of having lmia and being a intra transfer, in that case you will be declaring false information which will be decline your PR application.But if on PGWP , the yes you are open to accept any job offer.As moelaghil said, you go into your work history and change your current job to the new employee or keep it blank and state the end date of your old job.you should be good.

gatiott

Nov 16, 2016
Yes, I'm on an PGWP. The job change would make no changes to my points and getting the ITA, it's just a matter of declaring it on the eAPR.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gatiott said:
Yes, I'm on an PGWP. The job change would make no changes to my points and getting the ITA, it's just a matter of declaring it on the eAPR.
As mentioned by others, as long as your eligibility or points are not affected, you can mention it under Personal History.