+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA, Issues with name

kat_ngo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Would appreciate if you could advise me on the below:

I do not know if I need to include my middle name (mother's surname) in my eAPR

I am a Filipino and our name format on passport and all of our documents is as below: *not my real name
Last Name: Gonzales
First Name: Anna
Middle Name: Reyes (my mother's surname)

On my express entry profile, I only put my Last Name and First Name since my Middle Name is not listed in the machine readable zone of my passport. I got my ITA and currently completing the documents and I am thinking if I should include my middle name on my profile. All my documents have my full name (Anna Reyes Gonzales). If yes, where should I input my middle name?

On the online form, they stated this:
Order of names
Refer to the machine-readable zone on your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode") to confirm in what order you should enter your names on the application.

On the first line of that portion of your passport, you will most likely see a letter, a chevron (<), an abbreviation of your nationality, your family name, two chevrons (<<) and your given name(s).

Enter your last name (family name) as it appears in this part of your passport.

The name(s) listed after the double chevrons (<<) after your family name is/are your given name(s).

If your name(s) is/are shortened or cut off in this portion of your passport, but the full name(s) is spelled out in the upper portion of your passport, enter your name(s) as it/they appear(s) in the top portion. But always rely on the bottom portion to determine the order of your name(s).

Use of mother's, father's or ancestor's name

If the name on your passport includes the name of your mother, father, grandfather or earlier male ancestor in the machine-readable zone on your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode"), enter that spelling of your name on the application form.

My passport's machine readable zone looks like this:
P<PHLGONZALES<<ANNA<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< and so on.
My middle name is not included.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

gmvk

Sep 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi! i am also a filipino. I didnt include my middle name because the application says given and family name. although i included my second name, what do i do so that if i will be given a PR card and eventually get a canadian passport, to be able to include my middle name? basically instead of my second name, i would want my given name, middle name and surname to be shown. my application for FSW is under processing...given an ITA last march and submitted my documents last april and waiting for updates. do i need to message CIC for this or i just need to wait for PPR to be able to change the names? hope you could help me with this.

thank you!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
There has been confusion on this. As it says on the 'Help', if the name is cut-off, you should enter what is written on the details, and I believe middle name is included on this one. You may want to include middle name on your first name, then attach a simple LOE on name convention in the Philippines.

Reactions: gmvk

gmvk

Sep 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There has been confusion on this. As it says on the 'Help', if the name is cut-off, you should enter what is written on the details, and I believe middle name is included on this one. You may want to include middle name on your first name, then attach a simple LOE on name convention in the Philippines.
thank you, iamty! but i already submitted my application (received ITA and submitted application April with AOR). how do i update it?

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019

I am a Filipino and our name format on passport and all of our documents is as below: *not my real name

On my express entry profile, I only put my Last Name and First Name since my Middle Name is not listed in the machine readable zone of my passport. I got my ITA and currently completing the documents and I am thinking if I should include my middle name on my profile. All my documents have my full name (Anna Reyes Gonzales). If yes, where should I input my middle name?

Order of names
Refer to the machine-readable zone on your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode") to confirm in what order you should enter your names on the application.

On the first line of that portion of your passport, you will most likely see a letter, a chevron (<), an abbreviation of your nationality, your family name, two chevrons (<<) and your given name(s).

The name(s) listed after the double chevrons (<<) after your family name is/are your given name(s).

If your name(s) is/are shortened or cut off in this portion of your passport, but the full name(s) is spelled out in the upper portion of your passport, enter your name(s) as it/they appear(s) in the top portion. But always rely on the bottom portion to determine the order of your name(s).

If the name on your passport includes the name of your mother, father, grandfather or earlier male ancestor in the machine-readable zone on your passport (the portion below your photo and biographic information, sometimes called a "barcode"), enter that spelling of your name on the application form.

hello, i just received an ITA. I also didnt include my middle name (mother's maiden last name), how can i correct it? in my eca, MY MIDDLE IS THERE.. PLEASE ADVISE

ggv13

Nov 29, 2019

Order of names

Hi. I am also a Filipino in the same situation. May I know what you did in your application?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, can I ask what you guys did? I am also running into this issue.
You just have to follow first/given name and Last/Family name on your passport and match it with the ITA application form. Do not look into machine readable thing.

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
You just have to follow first/given name and Last/Family name on your passport and match it with the ITA application form. Do not look into machine readable thing.
Yeah, my plan is to just follow that for the names, then put a LOE in the other names section for "alias". Since a lot of my documents have middle name.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Yeah, my plan is to just follow that for the names, then put a LOE in the other names section for "alias". Since a lot of my documents have middle name.
Sounds good, all the best

Reactions: pinemaple