+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA changes

Raha_1986

Oct 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm currently reviewing my Express Entry profile after ITA and right now I'm doing a lot of changes. The changes are the following:
  • Removed 2 companies in my work history because I'm having a hard time getting a certificate of employment. I still have 5+ years of work experience under the same NOC with my remaining companies.
  • Changed my primary NOC (it still has the same NOC Type, Type A)
  • Removed all of my spouse's work history since we're not claiming points for that
All our companies (including the ones we removed from work history) are captured in the Personal history section though. Would these changes (from pre-ITA) require a letter of explanation? Take note that I have not yet submitted the profile and I have not yet seen my personal checklist.
I am in a same situation. I am wondering if you made those changes and if was fine. My score is 980 and I need to change some parts that doesn't change my score and eligibility. Thanks.

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Hello Everyone

I also have a similar issue
I got my ITA from the draw on the 24th July, and am preparing the documents for the application.

In that, we noticed some changes to details that need to be corrected from what i entered in the profile for the ITA

1. I mentioned my country of study as UK as I did a UK degree, but i did it in my home country through an affiliated institute, and has not being to the UK for the study duration. This needs to be fixed, as otherwise I need to get a police clearance from UK (which is not needed)

2. For my dates of completion of study, I mentioned the date I had my graduations in (Bachelors and Masters ). The date of graduation is different (after) from the date of issue mentioned in the certificate (difference of about 4 months)

3. Regarding my current work place, in the ITA I mentioned that I am employed as ABC Company which is a conglomerate as an Analyst from June 2018, to date.
I worked for a subsidiary of ABC Company, UA from June 2018 to July 2019 as an Associate Analyst. Currently, I am promoted to Analyst and attached to the parent company ABC. I have 2 letters to prove this. One letter from the subsidiary stating the work relevant to the NOC from 2018 June to 2019 July as an Associate Analyst. The second letter is from the parent company stating I was with the group from 2018 July to date, and an currently as position Analyst. This letter doesn't have NOC work details, as the company was reluctant to provide that :( The period of work and the NOC remain the same here.

So I am hoping to add letters of explanation for each section mentioning the changes and the justification for each, and a combined letter to be uploaded to the Other document place holder just in case.

As non of these affect my CRS score, and I have valid points on the changes, I just want to make sure that I will not face any issues here.

Please give your input on this, or if I am making any mistakes, cause i am a bit worried thinking this is too much changes in details ;(

Thanks in advance
/Dev

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Everyone

I also have a similar issue
I got my ITA from the draw on the 24th July, and am preparing the documents for the application.

In that, we noticed some changes to details that need to be corrected from what i entered in the profile for the ITA

1. I mentioned my country of study as UK as I did a UK degree, but i did it in my home country through an affiliated institute, and has not being to the UK for the study duration. This needs to be fixed, as otherwise I need to get a police clearance from UK (which is not needed)

you can change this as this will not effect your application, since your points for education are basis your wes evaluation

2. For my dates of completion of study, I mentioned the date I had my graduations in (Bachelors and Masters ). The date of graduation is different (after) from the date of issue mentioned in the certificate (difference of about 4 months)

This is fine you can make those change

3. Regarding my current work place, in the ITA I mentioned that I am employed as ABC Company which is a conglomerate as an Analyst from June 2018, to date.
I worked for a subsidiary of ABC Company, UA from June 2018 to July 2019 as an Associate Analyst. Currently, I am promoted to Analyst and attached to the parent company ABC. I have 2 letters to prove this. One letter from the subsidiary stating the work relevant to the NOC from 2018 June to 2019 July as an Associate Analyst. The second letter is from the parent company stating I was with the group from 2018 July to date, and an currently as position Analyst. This letter doesn't have NOC work details, as the company was reluctant to provide that :( The period of work and the NOC remain the same here.

This is fine but make sure that you have the relevant experience and the reference letter stating all these details and attach all the letters you have from these companies along with the reference letter as an added value

So I am hoping to add letters of explanation for each section mentioning the changes and the justification for each, and a combined letter to be uploaded to the Other document place holder just in case.

As non of these affect my CRS score, and I have valid points on the changes, I just want to make sure that I will not face any issues here.

Please give your input on this, or if I am making any mistakes, cause i am a bit worried thinking this is too much changes in details ;(

Thanks in advance
/Dev

You can correct all the relevant mistakes and make changes to your application but make sure that nothing changes your crs score basis which you got an ita.

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
You can correct all the relevant mistakes and make changes to your application but make sure that nothing changes your crs score basis which you got an ita.
Hello Thanks for the reply.. I just wanted to make sure having too much of explanation will not cause me any issues ..

The changes here will not affect the score, as WES evaluation is there and the work experience matches the requirement.

Just that there are a lot to explain :(

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Thanks for the reply.. I just wanted to make sure having too much of explanation will not cause me any issues ..

The changes here will not affect the score, as WES evaluation is there and the work experience matches the requirement.

Just that there are a lot to explain :(
explanation is always to the benefit. don't worry. Good luck

saqib528

Jan 18, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I am in oinp process and hopefully will get 600 points by October... but my IELTs will expire on 14 October. I have a new ielts but it is CLB8, the expiring ielts is CLB9. what should I do if I get 600 points but have to change ielts before getting ITA in next draw as ielts expiring reason. will IRCC object about that?
I would definitly fulfulling ITA requirements but will be changing the basis on which I got 600 points from OINP.

Please guide

Whatever2019

Sep 27, 2019
Hello.

My case of EE profile with a spouse is as follows:

ITA draw - Jan 9, 2019, CRS cutoff 449
My CRS score - 459
Application submitted and AoR Feb 28, 2019
Medical passed.
Biometrics completed.
Additional documents - Submitted, Reviewed and now NA status.
All required PCC submitted.
Currently application still in progress.

Now, my personal circumstances have changed and I will have to update my application with “unaccompanying spouse”. My recalculated CRS score is 451. While i understand that I still qualify in my ITA round, how will it affect my application with the above status?

Please help me understand.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello.

My case of EE profile with a spouse is as follows:

ITA draw - Jan 9, 2019, CRS cutoff 449
My CRS score - 459
Application submitted and AoR Feb 28, 2019
Medical passed.
Biometrics completed.
Additional documents - Submitted, Reviewed and now NA status.
All required PCC submitted.
Currently application still in progress.

Now, my personal circumstances have changed and I will have to update my application with “unaccompanying spouse”. My recalculated CRS score is 451. While i understand that I still qualify in my ITA round, how will it affect my application with the above status?

Please help me understand.
Let your spouse get PR and he/she can choose not to fly. If you change now, your points will be reduced and if those are lower than that invitation round in which you were invited, then things will be different.

Whatever2019

Sep 27, 2019
Let your spouse get PR and he/she can choose not to fly. If you change now, your points will be reduced and if those are lower than that invitation round in which you were invited, then things will be different.
Thank you for the response. As I mentioned in my OP, my current score comes to be 451, and my round’s cutoff was 449. So while I still qualify what other ways can it impact my application, is the question?

Whatever2019

Sep 27, 2019
Also, if he gets the PR but does not fly or land before the deadline, will I not be questioned/impacted?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Also, if he gets the PR but does not fly or land before the deadline, will I not be questioned/impacted?
Of course you will have to provide justification on that. Why are you doing that.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hence I want to update the application now itself. Please provide answers to my original query if you know.
Now, if you can explain why your spouse is accompanying, then only I can answer what to write and what documents will be required.

Whatever2019

Sep 27, 2019
Now, if you can explain why your spouse is accompanying, then only I can answer what to write and what documents will be required.
The update I want to do is change the family information to “unaccompanying spouse”. My current score, with age change still qualifies me above cutoff. As I understand the other aspects of the application like his medical and biometrics and PCC are already provided and passed. The reason is his startup is undergoing some crucial changes and he would not be able to travel for atleast another 2 years.