+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-ITA - Adding Common law - Could IRCC have sent me the wrong documents to fill in?

KH2112

Dec 24, 2020
Currents status : PGWP - received ITA
commonlaw partner status : Study permit
ITA received : February 2021

Dear friends, I received ITA for CEC in February. I am currently in the process of uploading my documents in the EAPR and will be sending off the application in approximately 1 week(deadline in 1 month).
However, my marital status changed from single to common law in March and I notified IRCC through webform. I could also go in the "modify family Information" section and updated my marital status to "common law" and put her as "accompanying" - CRS score is still above cutoff.
Since then, new fields appeared on my checklist for my partner(who is on a study permit) asking for education, photos, passport etc. I also got a new field asking for IMM5409 along with proof of common law. All of that makes sense and i can provide all of it.

Question:
However, i received an email a few days back from IRCC regarding my webform asking me to submit the following documents(see below). I spent quite a while browsing the forum and it seems like this is for those who are in either family sponsorship program or for those who have ALREADY submitted their application. Is that correct?
Keep in mind that I am still uploading my documents and have NOT submitted my EAPR yet. Could this be a confusion from IRCC or am i supposed to fill those? Thank you for your help.

IRCC response
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.

Last edited: