+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - 11/15/2017

zohaib90

Apr 27, 2017
For PCC, i read on CIC website "You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18".
I have lived in UK (Student Visa), Pakistan (National) and UAE (Employment Visa) since the age of 18 and also had a valid visa for Saudi Arabia (Resident Visa) but didn't spend 6 months in a row in Saudi Arabia after the age of 18.

Do I need PCC for all the countries including Saudi Arabia?

What is the validity of PCC from UK and Pakistan once the PCC is issued?

Regards.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
For PCC, i read on CIC website "You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18".
I have lived in UK (Student Visa), Pakistan (National) and UAE (Employment Visa) since the age of 18 and also had a valid visa for Saudi Arabia (Resident Visa) but didn't spend 6 months in a row in Saudi Arabia after the age of 18.

Do I need PCC for all the countries including Saudi Arabia?

What is the validity of PCC from UK and Pakistan once the PCC is issued?

Regards.
Yes, you would need PCC from UK and Pakistan. If you have lived in UAE for more than 6 months (doesn’t have to be in a row) combined all the stays together then you would need to get a PCC from UAE as well.

If you have not gone back to UK after you left the last time and do not plan to visit UK again then the PCC is valid indefinitely if you get it now.

As for Pakistan PCC I am not sure the validity but as per CIC rules most police certificates from the country where you live or a citizen of should be issued in the last 6 months of your application submission.

Reactions: lino82

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I applied for USA PCC on Tuesday and I got my ITA yesterday. I am in a similar situation. But from what people in forums have advised you can send an LOE explaining the situation with the receipts and tracking number for the mail you will be sending to FBI and upload your other PCC's and IRCC will give you an extension.
hey koushik, any updates on your application to fbi for pcc? i just have the fedex tracking no and receipt with me. tracking says application has reached last friday 17/11. Is there a way I could check the process in fbi website?

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
how many of you are done collecting all the required documents for uploadig? i am done with my medical exam, getting pcc from indian consulate and proof of funds letter. Only thing pending is the pcc from fbi.

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Regarding work ref letter, My spouse(secondary applicant) worked in three diff companies(IT). Work ref letters from the companies do not have all the details asked by cic, reply from HR says its not company's policy to give all the information asked and they have a specific template which can only be given. what can be done in such a situation?

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
hey koushik, any updates on your application to fbi for pcc? i just have the fedex tracking no and receipt with me. tracking says application has reached last friday 17/11. Is there a way I could check the process in fbi website?
Unfortunately fbi doesn’t have a system where we can track ththe progress of our application. The only way you will know they are processing your application is when they charge the application fee to your card. Tha won’t happens for at least 12 weeks after you package is delivered. We just have to wait for the payment to be processed and if we don’t receive the PCC before our ITA deadline then we just need to submit an LOE requesting for some more time to submit the PCC.

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Unfortunately fbi doesn’t have a system where we can track ththe progress of our application. The only way you will know they are processing your application is when they charge the application fee to your card. Tha won’t happens for at least 12 weeks after you package is delivered. We just have to wait for the payment to be processed and if we don’t receive the PCC before our ITA deadline then we just need to submit an LOE requesting for some more time to submit the PCC.
oh thanks koushik. i remember reading in another thread that applicatons received on august 12th or 13th are under process last week. so i thought we could get that info somewhere. anyway your answer is helpful :)

Patelvimalk

Jun 6, 2017
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2018
Regarding work ref letter, My spouse(secondary applicant) worked in three diff companies(IT). Work ref letters from the companies do not have all the details asked by cic, reply from HR says its not company's policy to give all the information asked and they have a specific template which can only be given. what can be done in such a situation?
I believe the ref letters for secondary applicant are optional. I am facing the same issue for my spouse, hence I am planning to exclude her ref letter/s from the application. Seniors in this group to guide, if otherwise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe the ref letters for secondary applicant are optional. I am facing the same issue for my spouse, hence I am planning to exclude her ref letter/s from the application. Seniors in this group to guide, if otherwise.
They are mandatory if points were claimed for his/her canadian work experience.

If it is foreign work experience then it is completely irrelevant to the principal applicants' application and should have no been included in the work history section, only in the personal history section.

Patelvimalk

Jun 6, 2017
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-02-2018

If it is foreign work experience then it is completely irrelevant to the principal applicants' application and should have no been included in the work history section, only in the personal history section.
Sure. Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I was referring to international work experience.

Aka.2017

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017

oh thanks for the clarification. my spouse has no canadian work experience. But we have already added it in our express entry profile. can i just remove the details from the ee profile and just add it to personal history section. will it be ok if i give a LOE stating the same?

Reactions: sam.m

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
oh thanks for the clarification. my spouse has no canadian work experience. But we have already added it in our express entry profile. can i just remove the details from the ee profile and just add it to personal history section. will it be ok if i give a LOE stating the same?
There is no need for LOE on this.

Reactions: Aka.2017