+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduation work permit

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,

It is written in the cic website that to obtain a work permit I should be a full time student for 3 consecutive semsters, and allowed to be a part time for the last semster. i already finished three semsters as a full time student. However, because I didnt finish working on the project I had to extend for one more semsters. which means I had 3 full time semsters and 2 part time. Do you think this will not make eligible to get the PGWP

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

It is written in the cic website that to obtain a work permit I should be a full time student for 3 consecutive semsters, and allowed to be a part time for the last semster. i already finished three semsters as a full time student. However, because I didnt finish working on the project I had to extend for one more semsters. which means I had 3 full time semsters and 2 part time. Do you think this will not make eligible to get the PGWP
Pgwp may be refused as only last semester can be part-time. No explanation helps

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
So even if I write explanation letters it might get refused ? and do you know a cases where it got rejected for this reason ?
I know the rule and on this forum there was someone rejected with two semesters part-time like yours. Good luck