+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit with Less than a Year Work Experience

alex0512

Jan 9, 2016
I graduated with a Canadian engineering degree last May and had a 3 year PGWP since July but was unable to get an engineering job in Canada till now.
Because of this, I recently decided to go back to my home country after receiving a job offer.

If I decided to come back to Canada about a 1.5 years later I will only have about 11 months left before my PGWP expire.

My question is :
Would employers be willing to hire someone with a work permit that is expiring in less than a year? Would it be hard for them to file for LMIA for a foreign worker after the open work permit expires?

Would love to hear some opinion on this situation.
Thank you in advance!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

alex0512 said:
I graduated with a Canadian engineering degree last May and had a 3 year PGWP since July but was unable to get an engineering job in Canada till now.
Because of this, I recently decided to go back to my home country after receiving a job offer.

If I decided to come back to Canada about a 1.5 years later I will only have about 11 months left before my PGWP expire.

My question is :
Would employers be willing to hire someone with a work permit that is expiring in less than a year? Would it be hard for them to file for LMIA for a foreign worker after the open work permit expires?

Would love to hear some opinion on this situation.
Thank you in advance!

1. You should forget about LMIA option (unless you have some skills which is in high demand and not enough locals are available to fill the job)

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agreed with JSM.

it is hard to find a employer who is willing to apply for LMIA.
so there is pretty good chance you would go back your country after your PGWP is expired.

if you find a job now (so should stay in Canada) and build a good relationship / trust with your employer, then you might have a chance.
but not many employer would wanna hire a foreign worker whose wp is expired soon.