+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit Requirement

Jay Parekh

Feb 17, 2020
Greetings,

I came to Canada on September,2018 to study masters in chemical engineering at university of Waterloo. Now Fall 2019 was my expected last term of graduation as I only left with one course to complete my graduation and thus I took that term (fall-2019) as a part time student. I maintain full-time status from fall 2018 to fall 2019 (1 year). Now, in my fall 2019 term which I took as part time, unfortunately, due to some issue I failed that course I need to take one more term that is Winter 2020 in which I'm currently enrolled and as a part time student as I have to do one course only.

Due to this now I'm nervous about getting my PGWP. So can anyone tell me more about will I be able to get my PGWP or not ? and what other options I have open to stay in canada ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Greetings,

I came to Canada on September,2018 to study masters in chemical engineering at university of Waterloo. Now Fall 2019 was my expected last term of graduation as I only left with one course to complete my graduation and thus I took that term (fall-2019) as a part time student. I maintain full-time status from fall 2018 to fall 2019 (1 year). Now, in my fall 2019 term which I took as part time, unfortunately, due to some issue I failed that course I need to take one more term that is Winter 2020 in which I'm currently enrolled and as a part time student as I have to do one course only.

Due to this now I'm nervous about getting my PGWP. So can anyone tell me more about will I be able to get my PGWP or not ? and what other options I have open to stay in canada ?
With 2 part-time semesters, you no longer qualify for a PGWP. You could try for another course in order to qualify for a PGWP.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You dont qualify officially but you should apply and explain to try your luck. But make other plans as well in case you get refused.