+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation work permit Refusal

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
It depends on your case. For me I hired a lawyer and my case was that in my final semester I had a surgery so I opted not to do all the five courses. The following semester the last two course was not offered by the school so had to wait winter to do. So I proved to them about the surgery with WCB records from hospital and explanation from school.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi did the MP reconsidered you ?
An MP can't reconsider anything. All they can do is ask IRCC to re-open a file if it appears IRCC made a mistake. If you were part-time at any point besides your last semester, you were correctly refused.

diksha20

Nov 23, 2019
What if l provide supporting documents from university for dropping a semester in between. Will they reconsider the file ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What if l provide supporting documents from university for dropping a semester in between. Will they reconsider the file ?
So you were part-time in the middle of your studies and therefore correctly refused. No, they are not likely to re-consider.

diksha20

Nov 23, 2019
So you were part-time in the middle of your studies and therefore correctly refused. No, they are not likely to re-consider.
No I was not part time I attended the semester but at end the university deregistered me as I was unable to pay my fees. But I have supporting documents for that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No I was not part time I attended the semester but at end the university deregistered me as I was unable to pay my fees. But I have supporting documents for that.
If the university de-registered you, then that semester doesn't count as studying.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
An MP can't reconsider anything. All they can do is ask IRCC to re-open a file if it appears IRCC made a mistake. If you were part-time at any point besides your last semester, you were correctly refused.
Hi, i also got refusal whereas i was full time across my all semesters. IRCC rep itself checked and put comment on my application to reconsider, whereas I received an email saying reconsideration has been refused. My question is: i am over 90days from my grad letter issued to me now, am i eligible to apply online from inside canada as this wasn’t my mistake and it’s something ircc has made a mistake. Will reaching out to an MP will help in this case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, i also got refusal whereas i was full time across my all semesters. IRCC rep itself checked and put comment on my application to reconsider, whereas I received an email saying reconsideration has been refused. My question is: i am over 90days from my grad letter issued to me now, am i eligible to apply online from inside canada as this wasn’t my mistake and it’s something ircc has made a mistake. Will reaching out to an MP will help in this case.
What did the refusal actually say?

As it is past 90 days, you can't restore your status. You can leave and re-apply from your home country.

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
What did the refusal actually say?

As it is past 90 days, you can't restore your status. You can leave and re-apply from your home country.
They refuse by saying” you didn’t met requirements of full time student “ whereas my school gave me letter that i was full time in all semesters. Restoration starts from refusal day so i still have time to restore my status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They refuse by saying” you didn’t met requirements of full time student “ whereas my school gave me letter that i was full time in all semesters. Restoration starts from refusal day so i still have time to restore my status.
Did the letter specifically state that your status expired as of the refusal date?

Navneet90

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Did the letter specifically state that your status expired as of the refusal date?
No it doesn’t, my study permit validity is Dec 31st 2020. Ircc agent told me I don’t have to apply for restoration or study permit. Just an update on my programme change or college change on cic profile. I have decided to go for another year programme from Jan intake.

harmandeep56123

Jan 4, 2020
hi i got the refusal for the same reason but i was enrolled full time and had academic break by college. All my friends who had the same official break got visa refusal. Please suggest what to do next