+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation work permit Refusal

Alif mak

May 28, 2017
My post graduation work permit got rejected on 3rd may 2017, I am currently out of status and I have been given 90 days to apply for restoration of status. I want to re apply for post graduation work permit again but the problem is I am suppose to apply within 90 days of completion of my studies and I am past those 90 days.

So i called CIC they are saying there is 50-50 chance of approval, but the problem is my passport is expiring on 04 September 2017,which i cannot renew as I have no status. If I apply and get rejected I will only have 2 months left for other options.

Other options are I apply for study permit and complete the studies or apply for LMIA with my employer which may take upto 6 months for process to complete.

Help me guys.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My post graduation work permit got rejected on 3rd may 2017, I am currently out of status and I have been given 90 days to apply for restoration of status. I want to re apply for post graduation work permit again but the problem is I am suppose to apply within 90 days of completion of my studies and I am past those 90 days.

So i called CIC they are saying there is 50-50 chance of approval, but the problem is my passport is expiring on 04 September 2017,which i cannot renew as I have no status. If I apply and get rejected I will only have 2 months left for other options.

Other options are I apply for study permit and complete the studies or apply for LMIA with my employer which may take upto 6 months for process to complete.

Help me guys.
Why was it refused?

Alif mak

May 28, 2017
Why was it refused?
On the site it asked to upload either transcript or completion letter from the university, so i uploaded transcript and it got rejected stating that it wasnt enough to show that i have completed my studies, so basically i didn't upload completion letter which is the reason it got refused.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On the site it asked to upload either transcript or completion letter from the university, so i uploaded transcript and it got rejected stating that it wasnt enough to show that i have completed my studies, so basically i didn't upload completion letter which is the reason it got refused.
Both documents are required per the instructions on the CIC web site.

If you are past the 90 days, then I think you're chances of having the PGWP approved are unfortunately very low. However you can certainly try. You will need to restore your status back to a student (since you need to be holding a valid study permit in order to obtain a PGWP) and also apply for the PGWP again - this time including all of the required documents. Note that restoration can take several months to process. If restoration is approved and the PGWP is issued, then it will only be issued for the validity of your passport.

Again, I think the chances of the PGWP being approved are quite low. If you already have a job offer and the employer has obtained an approved LMIA, then applying for a closed work permit makes more sense.

Good luck.

Alif mak

May 28, 2017

If you are past the 90 days, then I think you're chances of having the PGWP approved are unfortunately very low. However you can certainly try. You will need to restore your status back to a student (since you need to be holding a valid study permit in order to obtain a PGWP) and also apply for the PGWP again - this time including all of the required documents. Note that restoration can take several months to process. If restoration is approved and the PGWP is issued, then it will only be issued for the validity of your passport.

Again, I think the chances of the PGWP being approved are quite low. If you already have a job offer and the employer has obtained an approved LMIA, then applying for a closed work permit makes more sense.

Good luck.
What if i apply for study permit(extension of studies) and than study for another 8 months and than file for PGWP will they provide me with PGWP or chances are they will still refuse because of the gap from december 2016 to september 2017.
September 2017is the month i will be able to start my studies if i opt for it and december 2016 was when my study was completed

I would also like to know LMIA processing time. My employer is ready to provide me LMIA but he has to apply it.
What are the chances of approval in Saskatchewan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you study an 8 month program that ends in you obtaining a diploma - then you would qualify for an 8 month PGWP.

LMIA processing times appear to be 2-4 months these days excluding advertising time (your employer will need to spend an additional month advertising the job before the LMIA application can be submitted). Your main problem there is that your passport is expiring quite soon and you need to have a valid passport at the time you apply for a work permit.

Alif mak

May 28, 2017
Will they treat me as a normal student ?
Or will they consider other things like my first attempt at applying PGWP was refused so i started studying again.
Also will the gap of 8 months do any harm in my PGWP ?

Thank you for your help

Rushrush

Feb 27, 2017

Good luck.

HEY I ABOUT TO APPLY BUT I'VE ONLY BEEN ASKED TO SUBMIT EITHER ONE OR THEORY OTHER. SO I CHOOSE TO SUBMIT THEORY LETTER OF COMPLETION AS IT WAS THE ONLY ONE REQUESTED . WHERE ON CIC DOES IT SAY I NEED BOTH? THANKS

Rushrush

Feb 27, 2017
I only saw one on my application as well. They asked for letter of completion and no transcript

Alif mak

May 28, 2017
i applied only with the letter as well because there was no option to put my transcripts. still waiting for the decision
you're application will be accepted if there is enough evidence in completion letter which states you have completed your studies, which is usually there is completion letter so its likely it will be accepted.

Alif mak

May 28, 2017
Hey did your application got accepted because i got into exactly same situation
No never applied for work permit again as my passport was expiring so i had to choose between PGWP or study permit, I chose study permit and i am still waiting for its reply.
If you are past 90 days from your studies there is a 50-50 chance they will accept depending on the officer and the reason your permit was refused .
If your passport is expiring you can renew it at indian embassy in vancouver, which is where i got mine renewed and received it for validity of 2 years.
I am actually going for LMIA but i have applied for study permit as a safety, if any thing wrong goes with LMIA i can always study.
You should also fill the web form on CIC website to reconsider your application if you have a good and valid reason if your'e lucky they will reconsider you application.

why did they refused your application?