+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation work permit Refusal

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Need help.. My issue was started school in winter 2015 in BC as a full time student and then fall 2015 I decided to transfer to edmonton to another college to their one year program so did full time in fall.... winter 2016 came and then registered 5 courses but later went to withdrawal 2 due to personal circumstances of the death of my immediate cousin back home which was still full time..and later decided to do the remaining in fall, however the school didn't offer the those courses in fall.... till winter.... I applied with my transcripts from both bc and and the school from edmonton and was refused citing continuous full time studies...now I have been given 3 months to restore my status.... I went to school for letter and they attest that those courses couldn't be offered at that time and further stated lack of course of availability contributed to delay in completing the program.... After school I got a job with a bank but they say LMIA is for specialized roles So what should I do??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Need help.. My issue was started school in winter 2015 in BC as a full time student and then fall 2015 I decided to transfer to edmonton to another college to their one year program so did full time in fall.... winter 2016 came and then registered 5 courses but later went to withdrawal 2 due to personal circumstances of the death of my immediate cousin back home which was still full time..and later decided to do the remaining in fall, however the school didn't offer the those courses in fall.... till winter.... I applied with my transcripts from both bc and and the school from edmonton and was refused citing continuous full time studies...now I have been given 3 months to restore my status.... I went to school for letter and they attest that those courses couldn't be offered at that time and further stated lack of course of availability contributed to delay in completing the program.... After school I got a job with a bank but they say LMIA is for specialized roles So what should I do??
Your options are limited. Unfortunately the PGWP was correctly refused since you weren't a full time student.

To get a work permit, you need both a job offer and approved LMIA from your employer.

If you want to remain in Canada while you look for a job and employer, you could apply to restore your status to visitor.

Another option would be to return to school and study for at least another year to qualify to apply for a PGWP.

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Your options are limited. Unfortunately the PGWP was correctly refused since you weren't a full time student.

To get a work permit, you need both a job offer and approved LMIA from your employer.

If you want to remain in Canada while you look for a job and employer, you could apply to restore your status to visitor.

Another option would be to return to school and study for at least another year to qualify to apply for a PGWP.
could u pls elaborate why I wasn't a full time student pls???? As I was enrolled in full time all the time only my last semester which I decided to do 3 based on personal reasons and that was still full time on my transcript. However there was a gap which was no fault of mine as school didn't offer it... the other mistake was when I applied I sent only transcripts with no explanation..... so now wanted to do detailed explanations plus school letter...if that is not the best, so it means I should go for a new admission and apply with that.....

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018

Hi
Just trying out my luck here,
I am not sure if I am supposed to apply a work permit once I get my final grade or once I get the senate letter (completion letter)..

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
could u pls elaborate why I wasn't a full time student pls???? As I was enrolled in full time all the time only my last semester which I decided to do 3 based on personal reasons and that was still full time on my transcript. However there was a gap which was no fault of mine as school didn't offer it... the other mistake was when I applied I sent only transcripts with no explanation..... so now wanted to do detailed explanations plus school letter...if that is not the best, so it means I should go for a new admission and apply with that.....
Hey how did it go

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I restored to visitor by proving to them that I was. So they approved. After that then u figure ur next step.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I'm in the same situation like yours, I did a 2-year full-time program but on my final semester i failed one course so i took it online because it was not offered the following semester, so now i applied for ,SP ex , restoration and PGWP, the schools give the letter of explanation why i took the oline course and i have attached transcripts,official letter
What other documents did u include besides passport ,visa and study permit.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I'm in the same situation like yours, I did a 2-year full-time program but on my final semesteri failed one course so i took it online because it was not offered the following semester, so now i applied for ,SP ex , restoration and PGWP, the schools give the letter of explanation why i took the oline course and i have attachedtranscripts,official letter
What other documents did u include besides passport ,visa and study permit.
What do u think