+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit Refusal

Arjunn

Aug 12, 2015
Avrilpotter said:
Hi Alexliu,
I cannot find my refusal letter from my CIC account and the application status of the PGWP shows "approval" therefore I think they might have withdrawaled the refusal letter.
secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I've post the link case emergency link above. In case the link doesn't show just google" CIC CASE EMERGENCY ENQURY" .
emergency!!!!!!!!! hi i am new on this site and have the same situation like Avrilpotter , i just received refusal letter from cic due to wrong receipt on 30 july and i followed you and send the all details with $100 receipt to cic through 'emergency enquiry, on 1 august , today is 12 august and i did not received any reply from cic 12 days (7 working days +5 holidays ) so on 11 august i send a letter about my situation + $100 receipt copy to general enquiry centre vergreville alberta by fast mail canada post they will deliver the mail on 14 august confirmed.so i am very panic now what i should do next waiting for cic reply and i have valid study permit till 2017 . I also call the cic agent they don't gave me any useful answer or i should hire any lawyer .please reply me

Arjunn

Aug 12, 2015
hi i got refusal of my pggwp on 30 july 2015 due to send them $155 receipt on pgwp but i have valid study permit and i already send them my $100 receipt through case specific enquiry emergency situation , today is 18 th day but did not receive any reply from cic , please reply i am in trouble :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

manaspaliwal

Jul 27, 2015
Arjunn said:
hi i got refusal of my pggwp on 30 july 2015 due to send them $155 receipt on pgwp but i have valid study permit and i already send them my $100 receipt through case specific enquiry emergency situation , today is 18 th day but did not receive any reply from cic , please reply i am in trouble :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Hello Arjunn

I had the similar situation ..you can read more about my posts and situation in this thread: canada-immigration-discussion-board:lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant

Normally in these situations they are very strict and it is extremely rare that they will reconsider. I am not discouraging you but this is the harsh reality. I would suggest you to apply again as you would not want to miss the 90 day deadline. Apply as soon as you can and in case your previous request is approved, you can withdraw your application .

This is the bets I can think of . Others might have different opinion.

teemee

Aug 20, 2015
My PGWP just got refused. While applying for my application I was able to pay just $155 as at May 16 2015. I got locked out of my GCKey profile July 30th and sent the technical support an email to link my previous application to my GCKey as I didn't have access to my application . I tried following up couple of times by calling CIC agents but was no given no information. On receiving access to my application on the 19th of August i found out I had received a message to pay the balance on my application and a refusal letter of my PGWP. I am so devastated who do I contact as this wasn't my fault. Which form do I fill out to make a complaint, what website do I go to. please I need it ASAP.

Arjunn

Aug 12, 2015
manaspaliwal said:
Hello Arjunn

I had the similar situation ..you can read more about my posts and situation in this thread: canada-immigration-discussion-board:lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant

Normally in these situations they are very strict and it is extremely rare that they will reconsider. I am not discouraging you but this is the harsh reality. I would suggest you to apply again as you would not want to miss the 90 day deadline. Apply as soon as you can and in case your previous request is approved, you can withdraw your application .

This is the bets I can think of . Others might have different opinion.

my pgwp is approved today , i send them review for my case through a iccrc representative on 19 august and my pgwp approved on 25 august very happyyyyyy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. read my posts for more information..

BPOSITIVE786

Sep 30, 2015
Confused04 said:
Hi,

Today I received refusal mail for my post graduation work permit as they didn't receive my receipt of additional $100 payment. This payment has been made by me and I have the receipt for same which has been attached to my application. It even shows on application that the receipt has been attached but still I received a refusal. Really don't know how to go about. Tried calling CIC but they had heavy call flow.

If anyone has any information or faced similar problem please share so I know what steps can be taken

Thank You.
Did you apply for restoration yet?

suze15

Oct 15, 2015
Avrilpotter said:
Hi guys , don't worry if you've been rejected just because of the 100 additional payment. I've been through the exact same process and I finally got my PGWP(without the refusal record as they probably withdrawed the refusal letter). I'll share my time line with you hope it'll help.
2015-2-24 applied PGWP online through myCIC
2015-4-30 CIC request for work permit holder fee through CIC notice
2015-5-2 submit the $150 application fee receipt ( which is wrong) through CIC
2015-5-17 Got an email notice from UBC international advisor, by then I realize the mistake I've made and made the $100 payment through "case-emergency" link and attached the receipt through the link
2015-5-21 Got refusal letter from CIC
Tried to get help from UBC international office but they were not helpful at all besides asking me to hire a RCIC representative. I've tried to find one but encountered either crook or evil lawyer... One of them asking me to pay him $10,000 as he said he has interal source in CIC department who can "take care " of my case. Gladly I didn't buy his f*** bullshit! Others tried to have me apply for restoration, however I thought it is just a simple mistake by CIC ( as they changed their policy without alert applicant clearly) so I thought I should try my best to find an easier way instead of going through a 3 month restoration application which might be risky as I was graduated last December and there might be chances that CIC reject me again. Believe me the process of finding help is painful. But I made it.
2015-5-30 send CIC a brief explanation through the "case-emergency" link and attached the 100 payment receipt again
2015-6-8 Got a very brief reply from CIC stating that my case has been transferred to appropriate service
2015-7-1 (yes , on Canada day) got my work permit through MyCIC.
Right now I'm applying for TRV to get back to Canada.
Hopefully sooner!
This honestly made my evening! In the exact same situation as you, I didn't upload the $100 payment receipt correctly and was refused my PGWP. I was wondering what you mentioned in the Case-Emergency link as your situation. Did they get back to you promptly?

Arryl77

Jan 2, 2013
Hi, I am in the same position applied for PGWP waited almost 6 month, (so my 90 days since graduation has passed) Paid additional $100 on time but upload a wrong document. (things happens)
Got a refusal with the explanation that i did not paid additional $100 (which was in fact paid)

Already sent a receipt and the explanation letter through Case Specific Link.

2 suze15 and other guys who is/was in the same trouble - did you get back with the successful reconsideration decision?

Thanks

mlin2

Jan 31, 2016
Hello, I am I the similar situation , I appliedon May 5, and get refusal letter on Sep 20 since the 100 holder fee. Then I was told to apply for restoration and PGWP on Oct 14, but still with nothing come back. My second application was made more than 90 days after I graduated because of the processing period of my first application was almost 5 months. I am wondering should we use the power of media, since as a international students, we may more than three times than local people to study in Canada and then in the end we can't get PGWP just because of the 100 bulks holder fee?

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
I applied my PGWP on June and have got my refusal letter on Dec. (already more than 90 days), due to the $100 open work permit holder fee.

The thing is I didn't get any payment request letter from CIC and my application have been refused directly, although they said I am allowed to apply for restoration within 90 days after I've got the refusal letter., but this is really unfair, so I were not only apply for restoration, but also went Federal Court to apply for the Judicial Review.

Now, my second application haven't been processed, but already have got settlement letter from CIC's lawyer. So I can cancel my second application and get my money back now.

if you think CIC refused your applications with no reasonable reason or you think that was an unfair treatment , try Judicial review!

i presented myself (no lawyer), only costs me $50 and you won't have visa refuse record in this case.

hitchcox.1

Nov 15, 2018
I applied my PGWP on June and have got my refusal letter on Dec. (already more than 90 days), due to the $100 open work permit holder fee.

The thing is I didn't get any payment request letter from CIC and my application have been refused directly, although they said I am allowed to apply for restoration within 90 days after I've got the refusal letter., but this is really unfair, so I were not only apply for restoration, but also went Federal Court to apply for the Judicial Review.

Now, my second application haven't been processed, but already have got settlement letter from CIC's lawyer. So I can cancel my second application and get my money back now.

if you think CIC refused your applications with no reasonable reason or you think that was an unfair treatment , try Judicial review!

i presented myself (no lawyer), only costs me $50 and you won't have visa refuse record in this case.

How did you present yourself and how did it only cost you $50? Im in a similar situation. Would you be willing to share your email so we can chat more regarding this?